Well, we just couldn't grab the win in OT in Baltimore...:(
A lot to be proud of in this one.
Be Proud of:
- For 4+ quarters, Dennis Dixon kept us toe-to-toe with one of the more stingy defenses in the NFL as best as a man with his experience could.
- Santonio Holmes played well early on, scoring a huge TD in the first half.
- Bruce Arians ran the ball, and Rashard Mendenhall did a solid job doing it against a nasty run d.
- The Pass Rush in General: Racking up 5 sacks on Uni-brow
- LaMarr Woodley and Lawrence Timmons again left me with good feelings on the future of this defense.
- We kept even with our bitter rivals for four and a half quarters in a hostile environment, missing our top 2 players and change, and lost with dignity by only losing by a mere sum of 3.
- The Offensive Line: Not one sack allowed I believe, decent job run blocking, especially missing Kemo
- Hines Ward, for being the eternal middle finger from us, to Baltimore.
Be pissed at:
- Special Teams: again allowed way too many yards, and nearly two major punt returns
- The Secondary: Did not play well tonight. Penalties, getting burnt, missing tackles; a whole host of absolute no-no's.
- The Jekyll version of Dennis Dixon aka Dixon vs the Zone or I-can't-hit-a-barn Dixon.
- BA: Tut tut Arians, you could have escaped this list if you had called another boot leg with Dixon in overtime. Otherwise a pretty good job calling this game considering the circumstances.
- Baltimore: Hey, gotta hand it to 'em, they beat us fair and square, but I'd like to see them try it again in Pittsburgh in a couple weeks, when Ben and Troy are back in action (plllleaaaaaasssseeeee).
In Conclusion, this is not the end of the season. Does it make things harder now? Absolutely. Do we have to win out to make the playoffs? You bet. Is Poe the Raven a d***** bag? Yup.