1) 1994...this team had it all. Ferocious defense, bruising running game, a healthy Woodson and veteran leadership. Damn O'Donnell. Damn Pupunu.
2) 1995...not quite as strong as 94 without Rod Woodson all year. A failed hail mary propels them to XXX against the Cowboy team of the 90s decade. After a jittery start it looked like the Steelers were going to Bam to victory. Double Damn O'Donnell! He cost Lloyd, Kirkland, Dawson, Lake and Greene rings and Rod a ring with the Steelers.
3) 1997...Kordell had come into his own. Bettis had become the Bus. The Steelers had Denver at Pittsburgh in the AFCCG. Denver intercepts Pittsburgh's trip to the Super Bowl and Elway gets his first.
4) 1992...a strong team led by rookie coach Bill Cowher. Had the chin picked Brister as his starting QB instead of O'Donnell the Steelers (with #1 seed) may have beaten the Bills instead of Neil looking lackluster (after 3 Brister W's to close the season) in a 24-7 home playoff loss to the 4 time SB losers.
5) 1993...just a couple bricks shy of a load. After winning on the last day of the season to sneak into the playoffs, Joe Montana foiled Cowhers plan on one for the thumb.
6) 1996...could probably rank this team above 93 except Tomczak was the QB. After pounding the Colts in the playoffs, NE whips the Steelers in a fog 28-3.