In case, you were wondering what the new Captain Morgan skin was all about, well, today's the third of five Fridays that we'll be drumming up some tailgating talk. Our planned topics have us moving on from drinks to the grub, and since we all love to eat, let's visit the gameday food once more.
- 1-½ cup Cooked Chicken, Chopped
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano, Crushed
- ½ teaspoons Chili Powder
- ¼ teaspoons Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoons Kosher Salt (1/4 Tsp Table Salt)
- ¼ teaspoons Black Pepper
- 5 Scallions, Finely Chopped
- ½ cups Drained And Rinsed Black Beans
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Cilantro Or Chopped Baby Spinach
- ¾ cups Salsa (salsa Verde Also Works Great)
- 8 ounces, weight Monterey Jack Cheese (shredded)
- 7 Taco-size Flour Tortillas (about 8-9")
- Vegetable Oil Or Olive Oil For Brushing
Preheat oven to 400F. In a large bowl, combine chicken/cumin/oregano/chili powder/garlic powder/salt/pepper/scallions/black bean/and cilantro. Add the salsa and cheese. Stir to combine. Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed.
Brush 4 tortillas on one side very lightly with water then place them in a stack on a clean kitchen towel. Wrap the towel around the tortillas. Microwave the tortillas for about 25 seconds. This heats the tortillas enough to make them pliable.
Remove one tortilla from the kitchen towel and rewrap the others to keep them warm.
Add 1/3 cup of the filling to the center of the tortilla. Wrap the chimichanga like you would a burrito. Fold the left and right sides of the tortilla up over the filling then roll it starting from the bottom to completely enclose the filling.
You should not roll the chimi too tightly or the tortilla will tear (or later burst during baking). Place the chimi seam-side down on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat with the other tortillas – heating additional tortillas in the microwave when needed.
Brush the tops and sides of each chimi with some oil. Bake for 23 to 26 minutes or until the chimis are golden and crispy. Serve with additional salsa, sour cream, or pico de gallo.
And oh yeah, as part of this here sponsorship,Marissa Miller prances around just for you.