It's been a very eventful day in the National Football League. The Buffalo Bills get off the snide, the Dallas Cowboys get off the mat with an impressive road win against the Giants, the Houston Texans continue to find new and amazing ways to fail, the Kansas City Chiefs continue to have their very real flaws exposed, and the New York Jets squeak past the resilient Cleveland Browns thanks to late-game heroics from Santonio Holmes for the second straight week.
Now it's just about the Steelers and Patriots turn. The winner keeps pace with the Jets atop the AFC standings.
A few quick keys:
- Will James Harrison be able to play? He appeared on the injury report yesterday with back spasms. He's listed as questionable. No need to explain how important Deebo's presence is.
- How will the offensive line hold up with two new starters at left guard and right tackle?
- Can the Steelers make Tom Brady uncomfortable with the pass rush? If so, it would make it a whole lot easier to disrupt their quick-hitting precision passing game.
- The Steelers will probably try to shorten the game with the run in the middle part of it, but can they dial up a few big passing plays in the early parts of the game to soften up the Pats' rush defense.
- Jeff Reed. I still believe in you even though I don't have much company anymore. I might have to bail though if the streak continues. Come on Jeffrey!