I know the headline might be corny but...
This is the type of game that we were probably expecting: Close, physical and just an all out war. After saying prayers throughout the whole game due to the amount on the line for the division title (although we still have two left) I was left in a state of "wow" after watching us battle it out and stay focused. Here is my take from the game:
1) Harrison's comment after the game in the interview - He is so right and it seems to be unjust. This is a guy who plays the game it ought to, he's tough, physical and a difference maker.
2) Heath Miller's Concussion - I thought this was way worse, I thought he was going to be carried off in a stretcher. Absolute travesty and horrible no call, just a shame.
3) Ben's Toughness - I cannot think of anyone tougher at the quarterback position than this guy, maybe old man river up in Minnesota. You can tell the foot was bothering him, but he overcame and proved that he is an elite quarterback in this league once more.
4) Mike Wallace - I think we all know by now he is no one trick pony as many were concerned of, but he proving that he can catch the difficult passes and take the short passes the distance.
5) The Wood - Pretty nice seeing our OLBs making plays and disrupting their OLINE. Woodley has been a little too quite the past few games so it was nice to see him make plays out there.
6) Polamalu - What else can you say other than the obvious...makes all the plays and then some.
7) Last but not least ISAAC REDMAN - I know a few years ago Redzone Redman was born and the hype began. He made the practice squad the first year he was in the league and after working his tail off it all came together. I was excited he made the 53 man roster this year and couldn't wait to see what he could do for us. He has picked up crucial 3rd downs, picked up his blocking game and has been pretty good catching the ball. I love underdogs and his story is a really great one so far and would like to see him spell Mendy a bit more. On his score last night, wow. Breaking tackles and rumblin' bumblin' *& stumblin' in the endzone!
The game last night had all the intrigue, everything you could ever want in a game. I mean, both teams had identical records and the title basically was on the line. I always appreciate games like this and glad that we beat them in their house, sweet vengence.