There have been so many posts, comments, mock drafts, replies, etc., over the last few weeks that my head is spinning. On the one hand, it's great to see so much discussion going on in the "off-season," yet on the other hand, I'm reading comments about players that are totally opposite of what I had been led to believe during the season. So with that in mind, I'm looking for some help/direction in trying to understand the new point of views:
1) Craig Urbik - during the pre-season, he was knocked for being a little slow and was called soft quite a bit. Today in the post on not tendering Stapleton, one of our members commented that he was super agressive and needed to work on the foot speed; the coaches loved him. I don't recall that he dressed for a single game this year and an undrafted player (Foster) actually saw the field quite a bit more than Urbik. Seems to be a disconnect to me. Do we like him as a player, or because he was a 3rd round pick?
2) Tony Hills - another 3rd rounder, and I do recall that the coaches like his potential; he was going to be a project. Two years later he still can't get dressed on game day. How long is a project? Is he still seen with big potential? Seems to be a bust in my book....
3) Sunny Harris - because of how we picked him back up, he needed to remain on the roster - understand that. Where I'm struggling is that even with some of the games that our D-Line was not at 100%, he didn't sniff the field. I saw a comment today, I thought in one of Dale Lolley's posts (hope I'm giving proper credit here), that the coaches are really high on him for 2010. I saw Ziggy get on the field and play better each week; the more repetitions, the better off you'll be. If we were short-handed, Sunny was on the roster already, and the coaches like him, the why not toss him out there to gain the experience? I sure thought it worked for Ziggy, and by the Dolphins game he looked like a different player. We need to get younger on the line, so why not Sunny also?
4) Tyler Grisham - Pittsburgh's Wes Elker? I don't remember him from college and he played very little last year. Anyone know if he can really play or not? He caught about the same number of passes as Sweed did (not that that says anything).
5) William Gay - was he out of position playing CB? As in really a better fit for safety? I heard he was a safety in college from somewhere and it stuck with me. May have quoted it myself in game-posts without checking...sorry about that.
6) And last.....Stapleton goes over Hills. Purely $'s? The younger, one-position and cheaper Hills doesn't sound like a good choice when compared to Stapleton's experience & ability to play multiple positions. Is the FO clearing out the bigger salary hits to make room for a 1st round lineman?