Whats the Behind the Steel Curtain opinion on who we should draft?
Our needs (in order from biggest need to smalles need):
- RG (Trai Essex and Ramon Foster should not be starting in the NFL. I think though this position could be filled by moving Willie Colon here and drafting a LT, so Starks can move back to the RT)
- CB (I don't think an explanation is necessary other than no INT's until Week 17 by a Steelers CB)
- FS (Clark is average at best, Carter is below average because age is catching up with him, and Ryan Mundy is a marginal prospect)
- NT (To replace Casey Hampton in a couple of years or when Big Snack decides he wants to come to Training Camp at Saint Vincent's looking like an Oompa-Loompa from Willie Wonka's Chocoalte Factory)
- OT (Max Starks is a good RT, too slow to play LT, and Colon is better suited as a Guard or Backup roving Offensive Lineman
- WR (to replace #10)
- Kicker (Reed isn't worth his contract)
- Center (Hartwig's not all that good)
- MLB (to replace Farrior and Foote in 3 years)
- Backup OLB
- 3-4 DE (to replace Aaron Smith in a couple of years)
- Offensive Coordinator (Arians stinks, we need someone who will bring Balance to the Offense. And it must be someone in this galaxy...shucks that rules out the Skywalkers, I guess they're too busy bringing balance to that force of theirs)
My 1st round picks or mini-realistic (i.e. Sam Bradford and Suh aren't on it) draft board is below. It goes from #1 down, the highest available number should be the pick
1. Anthony Davis, ot
2 Joe Haden, cb
3. Earl Thomas, s
4. Mike Iupati, og
5. Maurkice Pouncey, c
If none of these guys are available (or if the top 3 are gone) then I'd like to see the Steelers move down.
What are your big needs and who is your first round pick?