As I have tried to kill time being a Dad, waiting until Football season starts, or at least until training camp starts, I have had plenty of time to come up with random thoughts about the NFL.
- Big Ben does not need to do interviews with Opra. Get some behavior therapy. Re-learn the social norms. Actions will speak volumes. When he goes out for dinner, treat the waiter/waitress with respect, tip appopriately, pay your bill, do not get sh*t faced, act like an adult. Treat your teamates, football staff, media, fans with respect. Charity work is fine, but it is the everyday interactions that will make the difference.
- Bruce Arians is an idiot. By mid season he will no longer be calling the plays. He will keep calling empty back sets on 3rd and 1 too many times for the Rooneys and Tomlin. BA is so pompous. He thinks that he should be HC not Tomlin. BB can not save him anymore.
- Mendenhall will have a great year. The OL will look better, not great. BB will still not learn to get rid of the ball quicker, until BA is fired.
- As long as Troy is healthy, the defense will be much better. Farrior retires mid training camp, realizing he has lost too many steps. Foote and Timmons start. Fox is the primary ILB backup.
- Trai Essex is cut. No upside and too many mistakes. Pouncey starts at RG. Hills cuts himself before camp. The guy sucks.
- Hall of Fame: They need to increase the number of players that get elected. It was fine when there were fewer teams, but now there are 32 teams. Also, why shoudl the HOF committee have life terms like the Supreme Court Justices. Lets see some new blood and new thoughts. Put some fans, ex-players, ex-coaches, and ex-GM's on the committee. Journalists do nto have all of the knowledge.
- More HOF: Dermonti Dawson should be in HOF. Kurt Warner does not deserve to be in the HOF. He had 2 great years, 4 good years and the rest sucked. He was benched and cut twice. If he gets in Kenny Anderson should be a lock and he does not deserve to get in. LC Greenwood should be elected - - 6 Pro Bowls, 2 time All Pro
Kurt Warner's career stats: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WarnKu00.htm
Kenny Anderson's career stats: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AndeKe00.htm
LC Greenwood career stats: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GreeL.00.htm
- Final thought of the day, The Bengals suck and will come back to reality. 6 wins. Palmer will get hurt again and be out for the season. 3 more players will get arrested. Mike Brown will decide that he should coach the team for the last game.