Since we are underdogs in this game, and watching the titans dismantle Oakland's mighty raiders, we might as well wave the white flag, right? WRONG! If the Steelers play the way they should, I think we can steal a victory here!
1. NO TURNOVERS! We must win the turnover battles. If not, we lose!
2. Special teams. It would be nice to get a cheap TD this way, after all, we were very generous giving away field position and points on special teams in 09, it's time we get one for us!
3. Defense! Hold CJ under 100yds rushing and under 50 passing..Impossible you say? Not really. He has never did it against us in his first 2 encounters and cannot let this happen now.
4. Pass on first down! Yes, you can't keep Mendy running into 9 in the box..this will put us in 2, 3 and long, where we don't want to be. Thats not to say don't run on first down, just keep the defense honest!
5. Throw to Wallace deep! If they stack the box, throw it to wallace. Finnagan is good but will not be able to cover Wallace all day. This will open up the running game because they will have to watch the passing game.
6. Bill Walsh said this " 250 passing yds and 150 rushing is the perfect game" I agree! 150 rushing, which includes DD should not be impossible..and 250 passing VERY possible..Titans last year were terrible against the pass..
7. Have Timmons/troy spy VY and CJ..with those guys covered, only have to worry about Britt and crumpler.which will not beat us..