Let me start by saying that it was nice to have a nice, dominant, boring blowout. Can't remember the last time I watched a Steeler's game that wasn't a nail-biter. I could definitely go for a few more like this. Alright, so, thoughts after the jump...
1. Charlie Batch - Why wasn't he in the conversation when Byron went down? Or hell even before. Excellent performance. I can even forgive the second (and boneheaded) interception, because at that point did it really matter? Now, the question is, what happens next week if Leftwich is healthy? Is it even possible to have a QB controversy between your second and fourth string guys?
2. So, should we move Brett Keisel to cornerback? I kid. But, seriously that interception was beautiful and hysterical all at the same time. Its not often you see a guy that size make a run like that. For one, there was some definite speed there, for another, he was patient and waited for blocks to set up.
3. Is it possible that the O-line is finally on the road to coming together? I think we can say for certain that Zierlein was, in fact, the problem.
4. Bruce Arians is running a full-back AND using the wildcat??
5. Strong day from our running back corp. Even MeMo seemed to pull it together a bit after his horrid opening performance. Rashard is showing precisely why we drafted him. The guy may be a franchise back yet. Isaac Redman definitely has earned and deserves his roster spot.
6. It was good to see a QB finally have the time to air it out to Wallace.
7. How many guys would it theoretically take to actually block Aaron Smith and keep him from doing his job. I swear he could hold the entire O-line at the line of scrimmage if we needed him to. The guy is a monster and the best 3-4 DE in the league.
8. So, technically Troy got his interception, right?
9. Can we finally put the question of "Are the Steelers that good? Or is ___________ just that bad?" to rest?
10. Our Defense is on a mission.
11. I think there is a better than average chance that the first two games would've been like this had Big Ben been under center.
12. When Big Ben gets under center, watch out.
13. I'm going to go on the record, if we can stay healthy (knock on wood) this is going to an epic year and trophy No. 7 will be in our sights.
Alright, folks, sound off below.