I just wanted to make a guide for haters that try to hate on the Steelers. Most of the time, they fail at epic proportions. I thought I'd drop a list of things that haters use that fail. So, haters, grab a pen, paper, and your haterade and pay attention. Fellow fans, please send this to your friends that are fans of the Browns/Ravens/Packers/Patriots/Seahawks...etc. They need to be educated!
1) We don't care about your Pre-Super Bowl championships. The AAFC had 8 teams. The NFL, before the merger in 1970, had a max of 16. We can't even give you credit for being "world" champions, because there were more than 1 league prior to the 70s. Let's count the championships won after the stone age.
2) Stop with the "Your QB is a rapist!" Rape is a serious crime. This one has even divided our own fan base. However, until he is convicted, calling Ben a rapist is slander. Nobody knows what happened. Every team has a player with moral issues, so stuff it!
3) Don't disrespect the towel! It's a simple idea, but your jealous because someone else thought of it before you. It's a symbol of Pittsburgh. Now, it's a lifelong tribute to Myron Cope. The proceeds of the towel go toward a great cause. Leave it alone!
4) The refs always favor Pittsburgh. Puh-lease. If you recall the 2005 AFCCG, a terrible call nearly cost us the game. I'm not saying that we haven't had some bad calls in our favor, but we've had some go against us too. How many questionable roughing the QB/helmet-to-helmet calls were called on us? Good teams overcome this adversity. Bad teams whine, cry, and keep losing.
5) The Steelers cheated in every Super Bowl. I'm so sick of hearing, they used roids in the 70s, and the refs gave them the next 2. Stop beating a dead horse! Every team in the 70s was juicing. As far as the other 2, see #4. The refs don't decide the game. Players make plays or players don't make plays. The team that makes the most plays, usually wins. If there is a Super Bowl where the Steelers cheated, it was the one that Neil O' Donnell gave to Dallas. I kid, I kid...but that brings me to....
6) The Steelers fan base is the worst! They talk smack when they win and they whine like little wussies when they lose. Well, sir, because we expect to have a championship-caliber team every year. Can you say that? Even at the beginning of this year, when just about everyone had written us off, where are we now? We can talk it, because we can back it. We don't like losing, because we aren't accustomed to it. We do get disappointed when we don't make the playoffs, because we have the talent to win. For instance, we basically have the same core guys as we did last year, and it was disappointing that we didn't make the playoffs. Now, we got a few new faces, made a few adjustments, and we have a Super Bowl game to play.