Woodley Out, Harrison Probable, Sepulveda Joins Them On Injury Report

It won't come as a shock to anyone to learn LaMarr Woodley was declared out of Pittsburgh's Week 9 showdown with Baltimore. 

It's perhaps something of a surprise to learn James Harrison is listed as Probable, meaning he has better than a 50/50 chance of playing. 

Steelers P Dan Sepulveda being listed as Questionable with a knee injury, though, comes as a surprise. 

The Steelers placed Sepulveda on the injured list Friday, citing a knee injury. Reports indicate it is the knee he's torn ACLs in twice previously. It last happened in Week 12 against Baltimore, and K Shaun Suisham had to finish off the game. 

It's pure speculation to suggest Sepulveda may have a more significant injury than the Steelers are leading on. It would be outside the realm of sportsmanship for the Steelers to know Sepulveda has a torn ACL and will not be able to play Sunday, but list him only as Questionable. However, they are not required to rule a player out; they just have to disclose the player, give a general area of the injury and list him as "Out," "Doubtful (less than 25 percent chance)," "Questionable (50/50 chance)," or "Probable (75 percent chance)." 

Without reading into the situation too deeply, it could simply be common wear-and-tear he's taken on through eight games. They'll treat him Saturday and see how he feels Sunday. 

Suisham was his in-game replacement last year, and the Steelers may consider using him if the injury will cost him. Jeremy Kapinos was in training camp with the Steelers, but was released in favor of Sepulveda, who appeared to have no ill-effects from last season's injury through eight games. Sepulveda has a 46.1 yard average on 25 punts this season. 

WR Emmanuel Sanders was ruled out for the game with a knee injury. That injury was reported before the passing of his mother, which could also have affected his status. The injury itself is said to be minor, and he could play at Cincinnati in Week 10. 

WR Hines Ward is listed as Questionable, but is expected to play. LB James Farrior is also listed as Questionable, but many are reporting he will not play, thus graying the Questionable status even more. 

X
Log In Sign Up

forgot?
Log In Sign Up

Please choose a new SB Nation username and password

As part of the new SB Nation launch, prior users will need to choose a permanent username, along with a new password.

Your username will be used to login to SB Nation going forward.

I already have a Vox Media account!

Verify Vox Media account

Please login to your Vox Media account. This account will be linked to your previously existing Eater account.

Please choose a new SB Nation username and password

As part of the new SB Nation launch, prior MT authors will need to choose a new username and password.

Your username will be used to login to SB Nation going forward.

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.

Join Behind the Steel Curtain

You must be a member of Behind the Steel Curtain to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Behind the Steel Curtain. You should read them.

Join Behind the Steel Curtain

You must be a member of Behind the Steel Curtain to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Behind the Steel Curtain. You should read them.

Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_9341_tracker