The clinching scenarios for Week 15 will be (we only need 1):
1) Win or Tie
2) Jets Loss
3) Titans Loss or Tie
4) Broncos Loss or Tie
5) Raiders Loss or TieThe only scenario where the Steelers do not make the playoffs would be (all must happen):
- Patriots win any 1;
- Broncos beat Patriots & Bills; lose to the Chiefs;
- and Broncos win the SOV tie-break over the Steelers.
In this scenario, the Jets (11-5) would have the 5th seed and the Raiders (10-6; 4-2) would win the AFC West over the Broncos (10-6; 3-3) due to better division record.
This would leave PITT-TEN-DEN tied for the final wild card spot (10-6; 8-4). Pittsburgh would win any 2-team tie breaker. A 3-team tie-break would go to the Strength of Victory level as there isn't a Head-to-Head sweep or enough Common Games between the three teams.
The tie-breakers that the Steelers have clinched:
1) Head-to-Head - Titans
2) Conference Record - Jets, Raiders
3) Common Games - Broncos
4) Strength of Victory - none yet (maybe the Titans)