Ok, we lost 1 coach. Hopefully that is it this off-season (unless you want to see BA leave). That is a seperate post, so lets not beat the dead horse again.
Last year MT made some changes and they turned out great. The OL over performed. The young WR did a great job. They really stepped up. The special teams did much better. They only gave up 1 return for a TD. Too many penalties, but an improvement from the year before.
OK, now we need to replace the DB coach. Talent is one thing, but a great coach can make a difference as we saw with the OL. I have all the confidence in MT. He will hire the best and brightest. But what will look for? What is most important?
- NFL experience as DB coach?
- College experience as DB coach?
- NFL player experience?
- Great teacher?
- Great skills breaking down tape?
- Communication skills?
- Evaluator of talent?
- 3-4 zone blitz experience?
- Cover 2 experience?
- Former star or long time backup who got it through hard work?
- Experience as a Safety or CB or both?