Well, it's the off season, and I'm getting bored with CBA and draft conversations. I wanted to wait until next week to start these up again, but PCISteeler filed a formal request.
To start this out right, I want to clarify some things. Everything is up for debate. If you think a certain movie falls under the heading of a different genre (or sub-genre) than I have it listed under, then by all means say it. I'm not going to say I'm a movie expert, but I am pretty knowledgeable about them and I know that some movies can be listed under several different genre labels.
Everyone is encouraged to participate. Even smelly Bengals fans.
So, let's get started. As last year, these are not in any particular order, just 10 (or 15) of my favorites.
1) Hancock - Will Smith and Jason Bateman...Great comedy duo!
2) Boondock Saints - And shepherds we shall be, for thee, my lord, for thee. 'Nuff said.
3) Boondock Saints 2: All Saints Day - Same as the first one.
4) Doomsday - Basically the same premise as The Stand, but a lot better.
5) Wanted - One of the most original movies I've seen in a long time.
6) The Brotherhood of the Wolf - Based on true events (the Gevaudan Beast), with wicked martial arts action.
7) Snatch - Brad Pitt in a role where he kicks everyone's ass and you can hardly understand what he says. One word: Awesome.
8) Team America: World Police - Puppets killing puppets and having sex. Need I say more?
9) Tenacious D: The Pick of Destiny - Jack Black playing himself. Oh, and Kyle Gass.
10) Pineapple Express - Seth Rogan and James Franco as a pair of dumbass stoners. Typecasting?
Well, there you have it. Some of these are going to cross over into other genres, like I said, so don't be surprised to see a title or two show up in another of my lists.
Let's go, and have fun!