My apologies for the delay in getting Rounds 4-7 of big_jay's most recent complete seven round mock draft out the door. You can view Rounds 1-3 here. -Michael B. -
Previous 2011 BTSC Seven Round Mock Drafts
97. Carolina Panthers - Will Rackley OG, Lehigh
Carolina has a huge hole at RG.
98. Seattle Seahawks (From New England via Denver) - Robert Sands SS, West Virginia
Seattle continues to upgrade the secondary.
99. Buffalo Bills - Dontay Moch DE/OLB, Nevada
Buffalo needs to upgrade its pass-rush.
100. Cincinnati Bengals - DeMarco Murray RB, Oklahoma
If Cincy doesn't resign Cedric Benson they will need someone to carry the load.
101. Cleveland Browns - K.J. Wright OLB, Mississippi State
The Browns lack any traditional 4-3 OLB's.
102. Arizona Cardinals - Jason Pinkston OT, Pittsburgh
The Cardinals will be forced to double and maybe even triple dip on Offensive Linemen prospects because they have one of the worst lines in the NFL.
103. Philadelphia Eagles (via Washington Redskins) - Shiloh Keo SS, Idaho
Quintin Mikell is a free agent.
104. Houston Texans - Deunta Williams FS, UNC
Houston released Eugene Wilson.
105. Minnesota Vikings - DeMarcus Love OG, Arkansas
Anthony Herrera is terrible at RG.
106. Detroit Lions - Delone Carter RB, Syracuse
Detroit lacks a power RB.
107. San Francisco 49ers - Lawrence Guy DE/DT, Arizona State
S.F. could use an upgrade over Isaac Sopoaga.
108. Tennessee Titans - Greg Jones ILB, Michigan State
The Titans will most likely not resign Stephen Tulloch.
109. Dallas Cowboys - Cedric Thornton DE/DT, Southern Arkansas
The Cowboys need an upgrade over Igor Olshansky.
110. Miami Dolphins - Vincent Brown WR, San Diego State
If they can't replace Chad Henne they can at least give him some more weapons.
111. St. Louis Rams - Kendall Hunter RB, Oklahoma State
St. Louis needs a change of pace RB to share the load with Steven Jackson.
112. Oakland Raiders - Ryan Bartholomew OC, Syracuse
Samson Satele is a free agent and Bartholomew is a combine warrior.
113. Jacksonville Jaguars - Joe Lefeged S, Rutgers
Don Carey is an awful Free Safety.
114. San Francisco 49ers (via San Diego Chargers) - Owen Marecic FB, Stanford
Coach Harbaugh gets one of his favorite players.
115. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Greg Romeus DE, Pittsburgh
Tampa took a DE in the first round and now they fill the other side. Romeus has injury issues but was once considered a top pick and is worth the value here.
116. New York Giants - Casey Matthews ILB, Oregon
The Giants could use an upgrade at every Linebacker position.
117. Kansas City Chiefs - Tim Barnes OC, Missouri
Casey Wiegmann will be 38 years old this season.
118. Indianapolis Colts - Darius Morris OT/OG, Temple
Indy needs an upgrade over Ryan Diem at RT and over Mike Pollack at RG.
119. Philadelphia Eagles - Ross Homan OLB, Ohio State
Ernie Sims is a free agent.
120. Jacksonville Jaguars (via New Orleans Saints) - Jaiquawn Jarrett S, Temple
The Jags need help at both Safety positions.
121. Buffalo Bills (via Seattle Seahawks) - Sione Fua DT, Stanford
Buffalo has nothing on the D-line except for Kyle Williams.
122. Baltimore Ravens - Curtis Marsh CB, Utah State
The Ravens may double-dip at CB with three pending free agents at the position.
123. Atlanta Falcons - Jacquizz Rodgers RB, Oregon State
BPA, Matt Ryan could always use more weapons.
124. New England Patriots - Buster Skrine CB UT-Chattanooga
The Pats could use an upgrade over Kyle Arrington.
125. New York Jets - Terrance Toliver WR, LSU
The Jets will most likely not resign Braylon Edwards.
126. Chicago Bears - Andrew Jackson OG, Fresno State
Chicago continues to overhaul their O-line.
127. Pittsburgh Steelers - Jalil Brown CB, Colorado
Ike Taylor is a free agent and may not take a hometown discount, Willie Gay is a free agent that the Steelers should let walk, and Bryant McFadden is injury-prone and can't cover anyone.
128. Green Bay Packers - Edmund Gates WR, Abilene Christian
Donald Driver may retire after finally winning a Super Bowl and James Jones is a free agent.
129. Carolina Panthers - Greg Little WR, North Carolina
Carolina needs a solid number one WR.
130. Buffalo Bills - D.J. Williams TE, Arkansas
Buffalo needs an upgrade over Shawn Nelson.
131. Cincinnati Bengals - Pernell McPhee DE, Mississippi State
Antwan Odom is always hurt.
132. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (via Denver Broncos) - Derrick Locke RB, Kentucky
With LeGarrette Blount as the starting RB Tampa needs a cheaper third-down back than pending free agent Cadillac Williams.
133. Arizona Cardinals - Bruce Miller DE/OLB, Central Florida
Arizona will need to double-dip at rush linebacker because it's time to cut ties with Joey Porter and Clark Haggans.
134. Cleveland Browns - Marcus Gilchrist CB, Clemson
Eric Wright underachieved last season.
135. Houston Texans - Thomas Keiser DE/OLB, Stanford
Houston needs two OLB's for their conversion to a 3-4 defense.
136. Minnesota Vikings - Richard Sherman CB/FS, Stanford
Antoine Winfield is 34 years old and Cedric Griffin has injury issues.
137. Kansas City Chiefs (via Detroit Lions) - Nathan Enderle, QB, Idaho
K.C. will need a solid back-up for Matt Cassell and Enderle has the potential to start somewhere down the line.
138. San Francisco 49ers - Chimdi Chekwa CB, Ohio State
They drafted one CB to replace Nate Clements now they take another one to replace the inconsistent Shawntae Spencer.
139. Tennessee Titans - Ian Williams NT, Notre Dame
Tennessee needs a big run-stuffing DT.
140. Dallas Cowboys - Lee Ziemba OG, Auburn
Kyle Kosier is a 32 year old free agent.
141. Washington Redskins - Jarriel King OT, South Carolina
Jammal Brown is a free agent.
142. St. Louis Rams - Eric Hagg S, Nebraska
St. Louis needs to replace O.J. Atogwe.
143. Miami Dolphins - Kendric Burney CB, North Carolina
Miami needs and upgrade at Nickel CB over Bennie Sapp.
144. Jacksonville Jaguars - Nate Irving LB, North Carolina State
Justin Durant is a free agent.
145. Oakland Raiders - Virgil Green TE, Nevada
Unless Zach Miller gets the franchise tag he won't be back next year.
146. Philadelphia Eagles (via San Diego Chargers) - Jah Reid OT, Central Florida
Philly needs an upgrade at RT over Winston Justice.
147. Minnesota Vikings (via New York Giants) - Kenrick Ellis NT, Hampton
They need a replacement for Pat Williams.
148. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Lawrence Wilson OLB, UConn
Both Barrett Rudd and Quincy Black are free agents so the Bucs may take two Linebackers.
149. Indianapolis Colts - Terrell McClain DT, South Florida
Indy could use an upgrade over Fili Moala and especially Daniel Muir.
150. Philadelphia Eagles - Ricky Stanzi QB, Iowa
With Kevin Kolb as good as traded Andy Reid will need another young QB to groom for the future.
151. Detroit Lions (via Kansas City Chiefs) - Colin McCarthy LB, Miami
Detroit released Julian Peterson.
152. Washington Redskins (via New Orleans Saints) - Chris Neild NT, West Virginia
Washington will most likely part ways with Albert Haynesworth.
153. Seattle Seahawks - Cliff Matthews DE, South Carolina
Raheem Brock is a free agent.
154. Seattle Seahawks (via Baltimore Ravens) - Derek Hall OT, Stanford
Sean Locklear is a free agent.
155. Atlanta Falcons - Dwayne Harris WR/KR, East Carolina
Atlanta needs as many weapons as possible for Matt Ryan.
156. New England Patriots - Greg Salas WR, Hawaii
BPA, by this point New England has filled any and all perceived needs.
157. Chicago Bears - Stephen Burton WR, West Texas A&M
Chicago lacks a true number one WR. Burton had an awesome pro day and could be the late-round sleeper steal of the draft.
158. New York Jets - Josh Davis OT, UGA
The Jets cut Damien Woody.
159. Pittsburgh Steelers - Dion Lewis RB, Pittsburgh
After taking a CB with two picks, and grabbing an O-lineman as well, the Steelers have effectively filled their biggest need. While at first glance the Steelers appear to be set at RB with Rashard Mendenhall and Isaac "Red zone" Redman they still lack a dependable pass-catching option on third down. Mewelde Moore used to fill that void but he's a 29 year old free agent and didn't look at that good last year. Dion Lewis is compact yet powerful with soft hands and enough strength to be an effective pass-blocker.
160. Green Bay Packers - Cheta Ozougwu DE/OLB, Rice
The Packers could use some competition with Frank Zombo and Erik Walden at the OLB spot opposite of Clay Matthews.
161. Carolina Panthers - Rob Housler TE, Florida Atlantic
They signed Jeremy Shockey but he's an old, injury-plagued short-term solution.
162. Cincinnati Bengals - Jermale Hines SS, Ohio State
Roy Williams is a liability in coverage.
163. Cleveland Browns (via Denver Broncos) - Ugo Chinasa DE, Oklahoma State
Cleveland needs multiple D-linemen for their conversion to the 4-3 defense.
164. Buffalo Bills - Willie Smith OT, East Carolina
Buffalo needs an upgrade at RT.
165. Cleveland Browns - Justin Boren OG, Ohio State
Pork Chop Womack is a free agent and needs to be replaced anyway.
166. Arizona Cardinals - Niles Paul WR, Nebraska
Steve Breaston is an injury-prone free agent.
167. Minnesota Vikings - Tori Gurley WR, South Carolina
Sidney Rice is a free agent and Bernard Berrian is awful.
168. Seattle Seahawks (via Detroit Lions) - Jeremy Kerley WR, TCU
Seattle is short one WR.
169. San Francisco 49ers - Chris Rucker FS, Michigan State
Dashon Goldson is a free agent.
170. Tennessee Titans - Kris O'Dowd OC, USC
Eugene Amano needs to be replaced.
171. Dallas Cowboys - Jeron Johnson SS, Boise State
Gerald Sensabaugh is a free agent.
172. Washington Redskins - Chykie Brown CB, Texas
Carlos Rogers and Phillip Buchanon are both free agents.
173. Houston Texans - Ronald Johnson WR, USC
Jacoby Jones is a free agent.
174. Miami Dolphins - Alex Linnenkohl OC, Oregon State
Miami needs to upgrade their interior offensive line.
175. St. Louis Rams - Chris Conte S, Cal
St. Louis needs a replacement over James Butler and Craig Dahl at SS.
176. Oakland Raiders - Mario Fannin RB, Auburn
Michael Bush is a free agent.
177. Jacksonville Jaguars - Kyle Hix OT, Texas
Jacksonville has no depth at OT after cutting Jordan Black.
178. San Diego Chargers - DeAndre Brown WR, Southern Miss
San Diego loves tall, big-bodied WR's like 6'6", 228lbs DeAndre Brown.
179. Detroit Lions (from Philadelphia Eagles via Tampa Bay) - Mark Herzlich OLB, Boston College
Detroit will need to take two OLB's with Zack Follett coming off of a bad injury.
180. New York Giants - Cecil Shorts WR, Mount Union
Steve Smith is a free agent with a knee injury.
181. Philadelphia Eagles - Henry Hynoski FB, Pittsburgh
Leonard Weaver has a serious knee injury.
182. Kansas City Chiefs - Jeremy Beal DE/OLB, Oklahoma
Mike Vrabel needs to be replaced.
183. Indianapolis Colts - Jeff Maehl WR, Oregon
Indy has a lot of injury issues at WR.
184. Denver Broncos (from New England Patriots via New Orleans) - Lance Kendricks TE, Wisconsin
Josh McDaniels screwed Denver when he traded away Tony Scheffler.
185. San Francisco 49ers (via Seattle Seahawks) - Roy Helu RB, Nebraska
Brian Westbrook is a 31 year old free agent with an injury history.
186. Baltimore Ravens - Zach Hurd OT/OG, UConn
Marshall Yanda and Chris Chester are both free agents.
187. Atlanta Falcons - David Arkin OG, Missouri State
Justin Blalock and Harvey Dahl are both free agents.
188. New England Patriots - Josh Bynes ILB, Auburn
With every need seemingly filled by now New England will go with the BPA and add depth to their linebacking corps.
189. New York Jets - Anthony Gray NT, Southern Miss
The Jets released Kris Jenkins.
190. Chicago Bears - Pierre Allen DE, Nebraska
Chicago lacks depth behind Julius Peppers and Israel Idonije.
191. Pittsburgh Steelers - Frank Kearse NT, Alabama A&M
I have to admit I don't know anything about Frank Kearse except for the fact that the Steelers are just about the only team that showed up for his pro day and liked what they saw. He's 6'4", 315lbs, runs a 5.30 40 time, and did 22 reps on the bench press. Previously I had Nebraska Kicker Alex Henery going here but with the rule change recently implemented which changes the starting point of Kick-offs to the 35-yard line it just diminishes the needs for a strong-legged kicker somewhat.
192. Green Bay Packers - Scott Lutrus ILB, UConn
If G.B. releases Nick Barnett they'll need depth at ILB.
193. Green Bay Packers (via Carolina Panthers) - Kai Forbath K, UCLA
Mason Crosby is a free agent and has never lived up to the hype he had coming into the league.
194. Denver Broncos - Devon Torrence CB, Ohio State
Perrish Cox may be going to prison.
195. Buffalo Bills - Darvin Adams WR, Auburn
The Bills may release Lee Evans.
196. Cincinnati Bengals - Alex Henery K, Nebraska
Mike Nugent was terrible this past season.
197. New York Jets (via Arizona Cardinals) - Justin Rogers CB/KR, Richmond
The Jets will probably not resign Antonio Cromartie unless he's willing to take a discount.
198. Seattle Seahawks (via Cleveland Browns) - Greg McElroy, QB, Alabama
Matt Hasselbeck and J.P. Losman are both free agents.
199. San Francisco 49ers (via Detroit Lions) - Greg Lloyd ILB, Connecticut
Takeo Spikes is 34 years old.
200. San Francisco 49ers - Aldrick Robinson WR, SMU
Ted Ginn is a terrible slot receiver.
201. Tennessee Titans - Julius Thomas TE, Portland State
Bo Scaife is a 30 year old free agent.
202. Dallas Cowboys - Forfeited due to 7th round pick in the 2010 supplemental draft
203. Washington Redskins - Stanley Havili FB, USC
They could use an upgrade over Mike Sellers.
204. Houston Texans - Chas Henry P, Florida
Matt Turk is 43 years old.
205. Minnesota Vikings - Jordan Cameron TE, USC
Visanthe Shiancoe was terrible this past season and is in the final year of his contract. Cameron has lots of potential, plus it would be amusing to see two rookies playing on the same team with the same name, only reversed.
206. St. Louis Rams - Steve Schilling OG, Michigan
Adam Goldberg needs to be replaced at RG.
207. Miami Dolphins - Darren Evans RB, Virginia Tech
BPA, it's possible that Rickey Williams and Ronnie Brown could both be gone in 2011.
208. Miami Dolphins (via Jacksonville Jaguars) - Chris Culliver FS, South Carolina
Chris Clemons needs to be replaced badly.
209. Oakland Raiders - Denarius Moore WR, Tennessee
Why not? Moore ran a 4.37 40 at the combine.
210. Dallas Cowboys (via San Diego Chargers) - Sealver Siliga DE/DT, Utah
Dallas needs D-line depth.
211. New York Giants - Brandon Bair DE/DT, Oregon
Mathias Kiwanuka and Barry Cofield are both free agents, and the Giants love to stockpile D-linemen.
212. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Brandon Fusco OC, Slippery Rock
Jeff Faine has an injury history.
213. Kansas City Chiefs - Mario Harvey ILB, Marshall
An upgrade over Jovan Belcher at ILB.
214. Indianapolis Colts - Rick Elmore DE, Arizona
BPA, Indy loves stock-piling DE's.
215. Baltimore Ravens (via Philadelphia Eagles) - Anthony Allen RB/FB, Georgia Tech
Le'Ron McClain is a free agent.
216. New Orleans Saints - Rob McGill OT, Louisiana Tech
The Saints need an upgrade over Jon Stinchcomb.
217. Seattle Seahawks - Korey Lindsey CB, Southern Illinois
Seattle lacks secondary depth.
218. Baltimore Ravens - Mike Mohamed ILB, Cal
Baltimore needs some competition with Jameel McClain at ILB. As an added bonus Mohamed has experience in a 3-4 defense.
219. Atlanta Falcons - Ryan Winterswyk DE, Boise State
John Abraham is 33 years old.
220. Atlanta Falcons (via New England Patriots) - J.T. Thomas OLB, West Virginia
Stephen Nicholas is a free agent.
221. Chicago Bears - Forfeited due to 7th round pick in the 2010 supplemental draft
222. Detroit Lions (via New York Jets) - Forfeited due to tampering charges
223. Pittsburgh Steelers - Steven Friday DE/OLB, Virginia Tech
Before every Steelers fan starts going crazy and ranting about how "we have so many linebackers on the roster already that we had to cut Thaddeus Gibson who was a fourth round pick!" please remember that this is the second to last pick in the entire draft. It has almost nothing to do with filling a need but rather taking the best available talent. Plus it seems as though the Steelers take at least one linebacker in the draft every year. Friday is a great athlete and I would have loved to have put him earlier in my mock but I just didn't have room anywhere. In reality he'll probably go somewhere in the sixth round.
224. Green Bay Packers - Ryan Whalen WR, Stanford
Much like the Steelers, the Packers will go BPA here. Donald Driver may retire and James Jones is a free agent.