I was pleased to see in my inbox this morning big_jay71's second complete, seven-round Mock Draft for Behind the Steel Curtain. To see what changes Jay has made with his second iteration, you can review his first complete mock here. It never ceases to amaze how passionate some fans are about the whole draft process. BTSC is certainly lucky to have several in its ranks that have been willing to help out this year.
97. Carolina Panthers - Will Rackley OG, Lehigh
Carolina has a huge hole at RG.
98. Seattle Seahawks (From New England via Denver) - Joe Lefeged SS, Rutgers
Seattle continues to upgrade the secondary.
99. Buffalo Bills - Derek Newton OT, Arkansas State
Buffalo needs upgrades at both Tackle spots.
100. Cincinnati Bengals - DeMarco Murray RB, Oklahoma
If Cincy doesn't re-sign Cedric Benson they will need someone to carry the load.
101. Cleveland Browns - K.J. Wright OLB, Mississippi State
The Browns lack any traditional 4-3 OLB's.
102. Arizona Cardinals - James Carpenter OG/OT, Alabama
The Cardinals will be forced to double and maybe even triple dip on Offensive Linemen prospects because they have one of the worst lines in the NFL.
103. Philadelphia Eagles (via Washington Redskins) - Shiloh Keo SS, Idaho
Quintin Mikell is a free agent.
104. Houston Texans - Deunta Williams FS, UNC
Houston released Eugene Wilson.
105. Minnesota Vikings - DeMarcus Love OG, Arkansas
Anthony Herrera is terrible at RG.
106. Detroit Lions - Delone Carter RB, Syracuse
Detroit lacks a power RB.
107. San Francisco 49ers - Jerrel Jernigan WR/KR, Troy
Ted Ginn is a good return man but a horrible WR.
108. Tennessee Titans - Pernell McPhee DE, Mississippi State
Jason Babin is a 31 year old free agent looking for a big pay day.
109. Dallas Cowboys - Lawrence Guy DE/DT, Arizona State
The Cowboys need an upgrade over Igor Olshansky.
110. Miami Dolphins - Colin Kaepernick QB, Nevada
If Miami doesn't sign a veteran QB they'll need to draft someone to challenge Chad Henne.
111. St. Louis Rams - Kendall Hunter RB, Oklahoma State
St. Louis needs a change of pace RB to share the load with Steven Jackson.
112. Oakland Raiders - Ryan Bartholomew OC, Syracuse
Samson Satele is a free agent and Bartholomew is a combine warrior.
113. Jacksonville Jaguars - Greg Jones OLB, Michigan State
Justin Durant is an injury-prone free agent.
114. San Francisco 49ers (via San Diego Chargers) - Owen Marecic FB, Stanford
Coach Harbaugh gets one of his favorite players.
115. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Greg Romeus DE, Pittsburgh
Tampa took a DE in the first round and now they fill the other side. Romeus has injury issues but was once considered a top pick and is worth the value here.
116. New York Giants - Colin McCarthy ILB, Miami
The Giants could use an upgrade at every Linebacker position.
117. Kansas City Chiefs - Tim Barnes OC, Missouri
K.C. has nothing at WR besides Dewayne Bowe.
118. Indianapolis Colts - Darius Morris OT/OG, Temple
Indy needs an upgrade over Ryan Diem at RT and over Mike Pollack at RG.
119. Philadelphia Eagles - Lawrence Wilson OLB, UConn
Ernie Sims is a free agent.
120. Jacksonville Jaguars (via New Orleans Saints) - Jaiquawn Jarrett S, Temple
The Jags need help at both Safety positions.
121. Buffalo Bills (via Seattle Seahawks) - Vincent Brown WR, San Diego State
Even if they keep Lee Evans they still have a need for a WR.
122. Baltimore Ravens - Kendric Burney CB, UNC
The Ravens double-dip at CB with three pending free agents at the position.
123. Atlanta Falcons - Derrick Locke RB, Kentucky
BPA, Matt Ryan could always use more weapons.
124. New England Patriots - Casey Matthews ILB, Oregon
Coach Belichick loves blue-collar, high-motor guys like Clay's little brother.
125. New York Jets - Terrance Toliver WR, LSU
The Jets will most likely not re-sign Braylon Edwards.
126. Chicago Bears - Nate Irving ILB, North Carolina State
The Bears cut Hunter Hillenmeyer.
127. Pittsburgh Steelers - Sione Fua NT, Stanford
Current Nose Tackle Casey Hampton will be 34 years old before the start of the 2011 season. Fua looked dominate all season at Stanford. He's listed at 6'2", 307lbs, which is about the same size as current Defensive End Ziggy Hood, but looks much stouter.
128. Green Bay Packers - Dwayne Harris WR, East Carolina
Donald Driver may retire after finally winning a Super Bowl and James Jones is a free agent.
129. Carolina Panthers - Jurrell Casey DT, USC
Carolina will have to double-dip at DT.
130. Buffalo Bills - D.J. Williams TE, Arkansas
Buffalo needs an upgrade over Shawn Nelson.
131. Cincinnati Bengals - Greg Little WR, North Carolina
Cincy needs another WR. Little has second round talent but comes with a lot of baggage but that's never been a problem for the Bengals.
132. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (via Denver Broncos) - Dion Lewis RB, Pittsburgh
With LeGarrette Blount as the starting RB Tampa needs a cheaper third-down back than pending free agent Cadillac Williams.
133. Arizona Cardinals - Steven Friday DE/OLB, Virginia Tech
Arizona will need to double-dip at rush linebacker because it's time to cut ties with Joey Porter and Clark Haggans.
134. Cleveland Browns - Jah Reid OT, Central Florida
John St. Clair has already been released and Tony Pashos needs to be as well.
135. Houston Texans - Thomas Keiser DE/OLB, Stanford
Houston needs two OLB's for their conversion to a 3-4 defense.
136. Minnesota Vikings - Kris O'Dowd OC, USC
Minnesota needs an upgrade over John Sullivan.
137. Kansas City Chiefs (via Detroit Lions) - Nathan Enderle, QB, Idaho
K.C. will need a solid back-up for Matt Cassell and Enderle has the potential to start somewhere down the line.
138. San Francisco 49ers - Curtis Marsh CB, Utah State
They need to replace Nate Clements and/or Shawntae Spencer.
139. Tennessee Titans - Andrew Jackson OG, Fresno State
Leroy Harris is a free agent and needs to be replaced anyway.
140. Dallas Cowboys - Jerrard Tarrant S, Georgia Tech
Gerald Sensabaugh is a free agent.
141. Washington Redskins - Ian Williams NT, Notre Dame
Washington has so many needs they have to go BPA. With Albert Haynesworth all but gone they need someone to play the most important cog in a 3-4 defense.
142. St. Louis Rams - Ross Homan OLB, Ohio State
St. Louis needs an upgrade at WLB.
143. Miami Dolphins - Bruce Miller DE/OLB, Central Florida
Miami needs some depth and possible competition for Koa Misi at OLB.
144. Jacksonville Jaguars - Eric Hagg S, Nebraska
Jacksonville needs upgrades at both Safety spots.
145. Oakland Raiders - Virgil Green TE, Nevada
Unless Zach Miller gets the franchise tag he won't be back next year.
146. Philadelphia Eagles (via San Diego Chargers) - Ugo Chinasa DE, Oklahoma State
Philly doesn't have many needs at this point so it's pretty much just the BPA. They'll need depth at DE if Brandon Graham isn't ready to start the season.
147. Minnesota Vikings (via New York Giants) - Kenrick Ellis NT, Hampton
They need a replacement for Pat Williams.
148. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Jarriel King OT, South Carolina
Jeremy Trueblood just isn't cutting it at RT.
149. Indianapolis Colts - Terrell McClain DT, South Florida
Indy could use an upgrade over Fili Moala and especially Daniel Muir.
150. Philadelphia Eagles - Ricky Stanzi QB, Iowa
With Kevin Kolb as good as traded Andy Reid will need another young QB to groom for the future.
151. Detroit Lions (via Kansas City Chiefs) - J.T. Thomas OLB, West Virginia
Detroit released Julian Peterson.
152. Washington Redskins (via New Orleans Saints) - Pat Devlin QB, Delaware
Washington can't be serious about Rex Grossman as their QB.
153. Seattle Seahawks - Cliff Matthews DE, South Carolina
Raheem Brock is a free agent.
154. Seattle Seahawks (via Baltimore Ravens) - Derek Hall OT, Stanford
Sean Locklear is a free agent.
155. Atlanta Falcons - Rob Housler TE, Florida Atlantic
This will be Tony Gonzalez's last season.
156. New England Patriots - Cedric Thornton DE/DT, Southern Arkansas
BPA, Ty and Gerard Warren (no relation) are both over the age of 30.
157. Chicago Bears - Steven Ridley RB, LSU
Chicago needs a power RB.
158. New York Jets - Chris Carter DE/OLB, Fresno State
The Jets need to improve their pass-rush.
159. Pittsburgh Steelers - Chimdi Chekwa CB, Ohio State
Ike Taylor is a free agent and may not take a hometown discount, Willie Gay is a free agent that the Steelers should let walk, and Bryant McFadden is injury-prone and can't cover anyone.
160. Green Bay Packers - Cheta Ozougwu DE/OLB, Rice
The Packers could use some competition with Frank Zombo and Erik Walden at the OLB spot opposite of Clay Matthews.
161. Carolina Panthers - Greg Salas WR, Hawaii
Brandon LaFell and Armani Edwards failed to distinguish themselves as a reliable number two receiver.
162. Cincinnati Bengals - Scott Lutrus ILB, Connecticut
Dhani Jones is a 33 year old free agent.
163. Cleveland Browns (via Denver Broncos) - Marcus Gilchrist CB, Clemson
Eric Wright underachieved last season.
164. Buffalo Bills - Mike Mohamed ILB, Cal
Buffalo needs an upgrade over 32 year old Andra Davis.
165. Cleveland Browns - Jermale Hines SS, Ohio State
Abram Elam is a free agent.
166. Arizona Cardinals - Niles Paul WR, Nebraska
Steve Breaston is an injury-prone free agent.
167. Minnesota Vikings - Tori Gurley WR, South Carolina
Sidney Rice is a free agent and Bernard Berrian is awful.
168. Seattle Seahawks (via Detroit Lions) - Jeremy Kerley WR, TCU
Seattle is short one WR.
169. San Francisco 49ers - Chris Rucker FS, Michigan State
Dashon Goldson is a free agent.
170. Tennessee Titans - Alex Linnenkohl OC, Oregon State
Eugene Amano needs to be replaced.
171. Dallas Cowboys - Denarius Moore WR, Tennessee
Roy Williams will most likely be cut at some point to save the 8mil he's due for 2011.
172. Washington Redskins - Cecil Shorts WR, Mount Union
Santana Moss is a free agent.
173. Houston Texans - Ronald Johnson WR, USC
Jacoby Jones is a free agent.
174. Miami Dolphins - Brandon Fusco OC, Slippery Rock
Miami needs to upgrade their interior offensive line.
175. St. Louis Rams - Chris Conte S, Cal
St. Louis will need a replacement for O.J. Atogwe.
176. Oakland Raiders - Willie Smith OT, East Carolina
Langston Walker is a free agent.
177. Jacksonville Jaguars - Josh Davis OT, UGA
Jacksonville has no depth at OT after cutting Jordan Black.
178. San Diego Chargers - DeAndre Brown WR, Southern Miss
San Diego loves tall, big-bodied WR's like 6'6", 228lbs DeAndre Brown.
179. Detroit Lions (from Philadelphia Eagles via Tampa Bay) - Mark Herzlich OLB, Boston College
Detroit will need to take two OLB's with Zack Follett coming off of a bad injury.
180. New York Giants - Mike Blanc DE/DT, Auburn
Mathias Kiwanuka and Barry Cofield are both free agents, and the Giants love to stockpile D-linemen.
181. Philadelphia Eagles - Lee Ziemba OG, Auburn
Max Jean-Gilles is a free agent.
182. Kansas City Chiefs - Jeremy Beal DE/OLB, Oklahoma
Mike Vrabel needs to be replaced.
183. Indianapolis Colts - Jeff Maehl WR, Oregon
Indy has a lot of injury issues at WR.
184. Denver Broncos (from New England Patriots via New Orleans) - Lance Kendricks TE, Wisconsin
Josh McDaniels screwed Denver when he traded away Tony Scheffler.
185. San Francisco 49ers (via Seattle Seahawks) - Roy Helu RB, Nebraska
Brian Westbrook is a 31 year old free agent with an injury history.
186. Baltimore Ravens - Zach Hurd OT/OG, UConn
Marshall Yanda and Chris Chester are both free agents.
187. Atlanta Falcons - Justin Boren OG, Ohio State
Justin Blalock and Harvey Dahl are both free agents.
188. New England Patriots - Josh Bynes ILB, Auburn
With every need seemingly filled by now New England will go with the BPA and add depth to their linebacking corps.
189. New York Jets - Chris Neild NT, West Virginia
The Jets released Kris Jenkins.
190. Chicago Bears - Pierre Allen DE, Nebraska
Chicago lacks depth behind Julius Peppers and Israel Idonije.
191. Pittsburgh Steelers - Alex Henery K, Nebraska
Shaun Suisham is average at best. In addition to being the top Kicker in this draft class Alex Henery is also a great Punter, so given that Daniel Sepulveda has already torn the ACL in his knee three times that added skill may come in handy.
192. Green Bay Packers - Andy Dalton QB, TCU
There's talk of Green Bay trading current back-up QB Matt Flynn.
193. Green Bay Packers (via Carolina Panthers) - Kai Forbath K, UCLA
Mason Crosby is a free agent and has never lived up to the hype he had coming into the league.
194. Denver Broncos - Anthony Gray NT, Southern Miss
Denver needs more DT's for their conversion to the 4-3 defense.
195. Buffalo Bills - Wayne Daniels DE/OLB, TCU
The Bills are desperate for pass-rushers.
196. Cincinnati Bengals - David Arkin OG, Missouri State
Cincy could use depth at OG.
197. New York Jets (via Arizona Cardinals) - Kyle Hix OT, Texas
The Jets cut Damien Woody.
198. Seattle Seahawks (via Cleveland Browns) - Greg McElroy, QB, Alabama
Matt Hasselbeck and J.P. Losman are both free agents.
199. San Francisco 49ers (via Detroit Lions) - Chykie Brown CB, Texas
Shawntae Spencer is very inconsistent.
200. San Francisco 49ers - Greg Lloyd ILB, Connecticut
Takeo Spikes is 34 years old.
201. Tennessee Titans - Julius Thomas TE, Portland State
Bo Scaife is a 30 year old free agent.
202. Dallas Cowboys - Forfeited due to 7th round pick in the 2010 supplemental draft
203. Washington Redskins - Stanley Havili FB, USC
They could use an upgrade over Mike Sellers.
204. Houston Texans - Chas Henry P, Florida
Matt Turk is 43 years old.
205. Minnesota Vikings - Devon Torrence CB, Ohio State
Antoine Winfield is 34 years old and Cedric Griffin has injury issues.
206. St. Louis Rams - Steve Schilling OG, Michigan
Adam Goldberg needs to be replaced at RG.
207. Miami Dolphins - Darren Evans RB, Virginia Tech
BPA, it's possible that Rickey Williams and Ronnie Brown could both be gone in 2011.
208. Miami Dolphins (via Jacksonville Jaguars) - Chris Culliver FS, South Carolina
Chris Clemons needs to be replaced badly.
209. Oakland Raiders - Mario Fannin RB, Auburn
Michael Bush is a free agent.
210. Dallas Cowboys (via San Diego Chargers) - Sealver Siliga DE/DT, Utah
Dallas needs D-line depth.
211. New York Giants - Darvin Adams WR, Auburn
Steve Smith is a free agent with a knee injury.
212. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Zane Taylor OC, Utah
Jeff Faine has an injury history.
213. Kansas City Chiefs - Chris White ILB, Mississippi State
An upgrade over Jovan Belcher at ILB.
214. Indianapolis Colts - Rick Elmore DE, Arizona
BPA, Indy loves stock-piling DE's.
215. Baltimore Ravens (via Philadelphia Eagles) - Anthony Allen RB/FB, Georgia Tech
Le'Ron McClain is a free agent.
216. New Orleans Saints - Rob McGill OT, Louisiana Tech
The Saints need an upgrade over Jon Stinchcomb.
217. Seattle Seahawks - Korey Lindsey CB, Southern Illinois
Seattle lacks secondary depth.
218. Baltimore Ravens - Aldrick Robinson WR, SMU
Baltimore lacks speed and youth at WR.
219. Atlanta Falcons - Ryan Winterswyk DE, Boise State
John Abraham is 33 years old.
220. Atlanta Falcons (via New England Patriots) - Ryan Whalen WR, Stanford
Atlanta could use an upgrade over Harry Douglas.
221. Chicago Bears - Forfeited due to 7th round pick in the 2010 supplemental draft
222. Detroit Lions (via New York Jets) - Forfeited due to tampering charges
223. Pittsburgh Steelers - Henry Hynoski FB/H-back/TE, Pittsburgh
Hynoski would basically be an upgraded version of current back-up TE/FB David Johnson. He's a great blocker with decent pass-catching ability.
224. Green Bay Packers - Brandon Bair DE/DT, Oregon
D-line depth with Cullen Jenkins a free agent and Johnny Jolly in the final year of his contract.