This is part 3 of a 7 part series. For rounds 1 and 2, click here:
1. DeAndre McDaniel, S, Clemson: McDaniel is one of my favorite prospects in the draft. He is a ball-hawk who loves to hit and if you watch any of his highlight films, he has really flattened some people. I think he would be great on ST in year 1, and probably be able to replace Clark in year 2.
2. Kendrick Ellis, NT, Hampton: Ellis is an absolute beast. He weighs 350 pounds and runs a 5 second 40. He dominated the lower competition at Hampton and routinely put up 10 tackle, 2 sack, 5 tfl games. He would be a great get here in round 3 and be the successor to Hampton.
3. John Moffit, OG, Wisconsin: We might have to trade up for him but he would be great value in round 3. He comes from OL central (the Mid West) and I think he will be very good in the NFL. He could probably start in day 1.
4. Marcus Gilbert, OT, Florida: He has great footwork and is pretty strong but needs to learn to use his hands better. If he could do that, he could become a very good LT.
5. DeMarcus Van Dyke, CB, Miami: Van Dyke ran the fastest 40 at the combine but he is not just fast. He is a very good tackler (could be better) and thrives in zone coverage. He is a very good scheme fit for the Steelers.
6. Orlando Franklin, OG, Miami: If we stay put at 31st then Franklin could be the pick. He would likely be the BPA and could start on day 1 potentially. He has great strength and footwork and I don't quite get why he is not being considered as a 2nd round pick by draft pundits because I think he is that good.
7. Pernell McPhee, DE, Mississippi State: McPhee has ideal size to be a 3-4 DE and with some development he could become very good. I don't think DE is a need but if we took him I would not be upset.
8. Joe Lefeged, S, Rutgers: Lefeged is one of my favorite prospects in the draft (I am a Rutgers homer). He has great speed (ran a 4.44 at the combine) and could possibly move to corner. He is a great tackler and is good in run support. Would be good value at the bottom of round 3.
Who do you want in round 3? What is you're ideal draft for rounds 1-3?