Here's Rounds 4 - 7 of Big Jay's final seven round mock draft for BTSC this draft season. Discuss. - Michael B. -
98. Carolina Panthers - Kenrick Ellis NT, Hampton
Carolina took an under DT with the last pick and now they get a massive, space-eating NT with this one.
99. Seattle Seahawks (From New England via Denver) - Jaiquawn Jarrett S, Temple
Seattle continues to upgrade the secondary. Jarrett would be a great compliment to Earl Thomas.
100. Buffalo Bills - Jordan Cameron TE, USC
Buffalo's new QB will need a better safety-valve than Shawn Nelson.
101. Cincinnati Bengals - Pernell McPhee DE, Mississippi State
Antwan Odom is always hurt.
102. Cleveland Browns - Drake Nevis DT, LSU
Cleveland cut both Shaun Rogers and Kenyon Coleman.
103. Arizona Cardinals - Jason Pinkston OT, Pittsburgh
The Cardinals will be forced to double and maybe even triple dip on Offensive Linemen prospects because they have one of the worst lines in the NFL.
104. Philadelphia Eagles (via Washington Redskins) - Brandon Burton CB, Utah
Philly needs two CB's to replace Ellis Hobbs and relegate Dimitri Patterson to the Nickel position.
105. Houston Texans - Chimdi Chekwa CB, Ohio State
Houston needs someone to pair with 2010 rookie Kareem Jackson.
106. Minnesota Vikings - Shareece Wright CB, USC
Antoine Winfield is 34 years old and Cedric Griffin has injury issues.
107. Detroit Lions - Greg Jones LB, Michigan State
Detroit will need to address both OLB positions. Why not take the home town guy?
108. San Francisco 49ers - Lawrence Guy DE/DT, Arizona State
S.F. could use an upgrade over Isaac Sopoaga.
109. Tennessee Titans - Greg Romeus DE, Pittsburgh
Jason Babin is a 31 year old free agent who is likely seeking a big contract.
110. Dallas Cowboys - Deunta Williams S, UNC
Alan Ball was terrible last season and Gerald Sensabaugh is a free agent.
111. Miami Dolphins - Virgil Green TE, Nevada
Anthony Fasano just isn't cutting it.
112. St. Louis Rams - Jordan Todman RB, UConn
St. Louis needs someone to spell Steven Jackson before his wheels fall off.
113. Oakland Raiders - Ryan Bartholomew OC, Syracuse
Samson Satele is a free agent and Bartholomew is a combine warrior.
114. Jacksonville Jaguars - Lawrence Wilson OLB, UConn
Justin Durant is a free agent who's always hurt.
115. San Francisco 49ers (via San Diego Chargers) - Owen Marecic FB, Stanford
Coach Harbaugh gets one of his favorite players.
116. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Jalil Brown CB, Colorado
Aqib Talib may be going to prison and Rhonde Barber isn't getting any younger.
117. New York Giants - K.J. Wright OLB, Mississippi State
The Giants could use an upgrade at every Linebacker position.
118. Kansas City Chiefs - Sione Fua NT, Stanford
Ron Edwards is a free agent.
119. Indianapolis Colts - John Moffitt OG, Wisconsin
Indy needs an upgrade over Ryan Diem at RT and over Mike Pollack at RG. GM Bill Polian gets to once again fulfill his love for the Big10 and Moffitt and Gabe Carimi get to continue playing together.
120. Philadelphia Eagles - Joseph Barksdale OT, LSU
Philly needs to replace Winston Justice at RT.
121. Jacksonville Jaguars (via New Orleans Saints) - Ahmad Black S, Florida
Jacksonville needs an upgrade at both safety positions.
122. Buffalo Bills (via Seattle Seahawks) - Chris Hairston OT, Clemson
Buffalo has nothing at OT.
123. Baltimore Ravens - Curtis Marsh CB, Utah State
The Ravens may double-dip at CB with three pending free agents at the position.
124. Atlanta Falcons - Greg Salas WR, Hawaii
Atlanta needs an upgrade over Michael Jenkins and Harry Douglas.
125. New England Patriots - DeMarcus Van Dyke CB, Miami
The Pats could use an upgrade over Kyle Arrington.
126. New York Jets - Ugo Chinasa DE/OLB, Oklahoma State
The Jets have to improve their pass-rush.
127. Chicago Bears - Terrell McClain DT, South Florida
Chicago needs a replacement for Tommy Harris.
128. Pittsburgh Steelers - Kelvin Sheppard ILB, LSU
It wouldn't be a Steelers draft without at least one linebacker selected. Given the talent available, plus the Steelers needs, Sheppard makes the most sense. He's a humble leader on and off the field and plays with a Steelers mentality. James Farrior can't play forever as his declining skills have indicated and the Steelers will need someone to fill in. I know they have Stevenson Sylvester but they can't rely on him alone and they'll need someone to compete with him for playing time. Sheppard is also the best talent available that fits a Steelers need. Other prospects would include Notre Dame NT Ian Williams, Rutgers S Joe Lefeged, Boise State WR Austin Pettis, Oregon State RB Jacquizz Rodgers, and Stanford CB Richard Sherman.
129. Green Bay Packers - Lee Ziemba OG/OT, Auburn
Daryn Colledge is a free agent.
130. (Compensatory pick) Tennessee Titans - Demarcus Love OG, Arkansas
Leroy Harris is a free agent and needs to be replaced anyway.
131. (Compensatory pick) Green Bay Packers - DeMarco Murray RB, Oklahoma
James Starks has injury issues, Brandon Jackson is a free agent, and Ryan Grant is in the final year of his contract and has injury issues of his own as well.
132. Carolina Panthers - Rob Housler TE, Florida Atlantic
Carolina signed Jeremy Shockey but he's an injury-prone short-term solution at TE.
133. Buffalo Bills - Denarius Moore WR, Tennessee
There's a good chance that Lee Evans will be released at some point.
134. Cincinnati Bengals - Robert Sands SS, West Virginia
Robert Sands is a good fit for Cincy's defense.
135. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (via Denver Broncos) - Jacquizz Rodgers RB, Oregon State
With LeGarrette Blount as the starting RB Tampa needs a cheaper back-up and third-down back than pending free agent Cadillac Williams.
136. Arizona Cardinals - Jeremy Beal DE/OLB, Oklahoma
Arizona needs two pass-rushing OLB's.
137. Cleveland Browns - Ross Homan OLB, Ohio State
Cleveland lacks enough traditional linebackers' for a 4-3 defense.
138. Houston Texans - Joe Lefeged S, Rutgers
Bernard Pollard is a free agent and a huge liability in pass coverage.
139. Minnesota Vikings - Pierre Allen DE, Nebraska
Ray Edwards is a free agent.
140. Kansas City Chiefs (via Detroit Lions) - Kris O'Dowd OC, USC
Casey Wiegmann is 38 years old and can't play forever.
141. San Francisco 49ers - Austin Pettis WR, Boise State
S.F. needs a better slot receiver than Ted Ginn.
142. Tennessee Titans - Chris Conte S, California
Chris Hope needs to be replaced.
143. Dallas Cowboys - Niles Paul WR, Nebraska
Roy Williams is an expensive 3rd WR.
144. Washington Redskins - Terrance Toliver WR, LSU
Santana Moss is a free agent and they have nothing else at the position.
145. St. Louis Rams - Nate Irving LB, North Carolina State
St. Louis needs an upgrade at WLB.
146. Miami Dolphins - Cecil Shorts III WR, Mount Union
Miami lacks a solid number two WR.
147. Jacksonville Jaguars - Ricky Stanzi QB, Iowa
The Jags need to find someone to groom behind David Garrard.
148. Oakland Raiders - Ricardo Lockette WR, Fort Valley State
Lockette is 6'2", 211lbs. and ran a 4.34 40 at the combine.
149. Philadelphia Eagles (via San Diego Chargers) - Dion Lewis RB, Pittsburgh
Jerome Harrison is a free agent.
150. Minnesota Vikings (via New York Giants) - Julius Thomas TE, Portland State
Visanthe Shiancoe will be a free agent next year and was terrible in 2010.
151. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Zach Hurd OT/OG, UConn
Tampa Bay has issues all along the O-line.
152. Indianapolis Colts - Roy Helu RB, Nebraska
Joseph Addai is a 28 year old free agent.
153. Philadelphia Eagles - Nathan Enderle QB, Idaho
With Kevin Kolb as good as traded whenever the lock out ends Andy Reid will need another young QB to groom for the future.
154. Detroit Lions (via Kansas City Chiefs) - Delone Carter RB, Syracuse
Detroit lacks a power RB.
155. Washington Redskins (via New Orleans Saints) - Ian Williams NT, Notre Dame
Washington will most likely part ways with Albert Haynesworth.
156. Seattle Seahawks - Derek Hall OT, Stanford
Sean Locklear is a free agent.
157. Seattle Seahawks (via Baltimore Ravens) - Jeremy Kerley WR, TCU
Seattle needs another WR.
158. Atlanta Falcons - Cliff Matthews DE, South Carolina
John Abraham will be 33 years old this season.
159. New England Patriots - Mario Harvey ILB, Marshall
New England lacks playmakers at the Linebacker position.
160. Chicago Bears - Josh Thomas CB, Buffalo
Chicago needs a replacement for Tim Jennings.
161. New York Jets - Bruce Miller DE/OLB, Central Florida
The Jets have to improve their outside pass-rush.
162. Pittsburgh Steelers - Derrick Locke RB, Kentucky
Mewelde Moore is a 29 year old free agent who is clearly on the decline. Locke is a big playmaker who can take it to the house any time he touches the ball.
163. Green Bay Packers - Anthony Gray NT, Southern Miss
The Packers could use defensive line depth with Johnny Jolly in constant trouble and Cullen Jenkins a free agent.
164. (Compensatory pick) Baltimore Ravens - Buster Skrine CB, UT-Chattanooga
The Ravens may double-dip at CB with three pending free agents at the position.
165. (Compensatory pick) Baltimore Ravens - Chris Culliver FS, South Carolina
Baltimore lacks secondary depth and an heir to Ed Reed.
166. Carolina Panthers - David Arkin OG, Missouri State
Carolina has a hole at RG.
167. Cincinnati Bengals - Akeem Dent ILB, Georgia
Dhani Jones is a 33 year old free agent.
168. Cleveland Browns (via Denver Broncos) - Cortez Allen CB, Citadel
Cleveland needs some competition for Eric Wright.
169. Buffalo Bills - Cedric Thornton DE/DT, Southern Arkansas
Buffalo has nothing at DE.
170. Cleveland Browns - Shiloh Keo SS, Idaho
Abram Elam is a free agent.
171. Arizona Cardinals - Johnny White RB, North Carolina
Tim Hightower is a free agent and Beanie Wells has been underwhelming so far.
172. Minnesota Vikings - Steve Schilling OG, Michigan
Anthony Herrera needs to be replaced at RG.
173. Seattle Seahawks (via Detroit Lions) - T.J. Yates QB, UNC
Matt Hasselbeck and J.P. Losman are both free agents.
174. San Francisco 49ers - Alex Green RB, Hawaii
Brian Westbrook is a free agent and they could use some insurance for the injury-prone Frank Gore.
175. Tennessee Titans - Jake Kirkpatrick OC, TCU
Eugene Amano needs to be replaced.
176. Dallas Cowboys - Jamie Harper RB, Clemson
Dallas may cut ties with Marion Barber.
177. Washington Redskins - Rashad Carmichael CB, Virginia Tech
Carlos Rogers and Phillip Buchanon are both free agents.
178. Houston Texans - Rick Elmore DE/OLB, Arizona
Houston needs depth at OLB after their conversion to the 3-4 defense.
179. Miami Dolphins - Andrew Jackson OG, Fresno State
Miami has no depth on the offensive line.
180. St. Louis Rams - D.J. Williams TE, Arkansas
St. Louis needs to add as many weapons as possible for Sam Bradford to succeed.
181. Oakland Raiders - Mario Fannin RB, Auburn
Michael Bush is a free agent.
182. Jacksonville Jaguars - Willie Smith OT, East Carolina
Jacksonville has no depth at OT after cutting Jordan Black.
183. San Diego Chargers - Tori Gurley WR, South Carolina
San Diego loves tall, big-bodied WR's.
184. Detroit Lions (from Philadelphia Eagles via Tampa Bay) - Kendric Burney CB, UNC
Detroit lacks CB depth.
185. New York Giants - Vincent Brown WR, San Diego State
Steve Smith is a free agent with a knee injury.
186. Philadelphia Eagles - Henry Hynoski FB, Pittsburgh
Leonard Weaver has a serious knee injury.
187. Kansas City Chiefs - Bilal Powell RB, Louisville
K.C. needs a cheaper alternative at power RB than the 33 year old Thomas Jones.
188. Indianapolis Colts - Dwayne Harris WR/KR, East Carolina
Reggie Wayne will be 33 years old this coming season, Anthony Gonzalez can't seem to stay healthy, and Austin Collie may be forced to retire if he gets another concussion.
189. Denver Broncos (from New England Patriots via New Orleans) - Mark Herzlich ILB, Boston College
Aside from D.J. Williams Denver doesn't have much at Linebacker.
190. San Francisco 49ers (via Seattle Seahawks) - Jerrard Tarrant S, Georgia Tech
Dashon Goldson is a free agent.
191. Baltimore Ravens - Steven Friday DE/OLB, Virginia Tech
Baltimore can't wait and see Sergio Kindle is going to be ready to play.
192. Atlanta Falcons - Jeron Johnson SS, Boise State
William Moore was terrible last season.
193. New England Patriots - Thomas Keiser DE/OLB, Stanford
With all of thier needs seemingly taken care of at this point N.E. can afford to just take the best pass-rusher available.
194. New York Jets - David Carter DE/DT, UCLA
Shaun Ellis is a 34 year old free agent.
195. Chicago Bears - Tim Barnes OC, Missouri
Olin Kreutz is a 34 year old free agent.
196. Pittsburgh Steelers - Alex Henery K, Nebraska
Shaun Suisham is average at best. In addition to being the top kicker in this draft class Alex Henery is also a good punter, so given that Daniel Sepulveda has already torn the ACL in his knee three times that added skill may come in handy.
197. Green Bay Packers - Stephen Burton WR, West Texas A&M
James Jones is a free agent.
198. (Compensatory pick) New York Giants - Keith Williams OG, Nebraska
Rich Seubert is 32 years old and coming off of a knee injury.
199. (Compensatory pick) Kansas City Chiefs - Chris Neild NT, West Virginia
Ron Edwards is a free agent.
200. (Compensatory pick) Minnesota Vikings - J.T. Thomas OLB, West Virginia
Ben Leber is a free agent.
201. (Compensatory pick) San Diego Chargers - Noel Devine RB, West Virginia
Darren Sproles is a free agent.
202. (Compensatory pick) New York Giants - Martin Parker DT, Richmond
The Giants love to collect D-linemen.
203. (Compensatory pick) Carolina Panthers - Da'Rel Scott RB, Maryland
Carolina will need someone to compliment Jonathan Stewart if they don't retain DeAngelo Williams.
204. Green Bay Packers (via Carolina Panthers) - Kai Forbath K, UCLA
Mason Crosby is a free agent and has never lived up to the hype he had coming into the league.
205. Denver Broncos - Jarriel King OT, South Carolina
Ryan Harris is a free agent.
206. Buffalo Bills - Chykie Brown CB, Texas
Drayton Florence is a free agent.
207. Cincinnati Bengals - Darius Morris OG/OT, Temple
Cincy plans on playing Andre Smith at LG but that's not going to work out.
208. New York Jets (via Arizona Cardinals) - Josh Davis OT, UGA
The Jets cut Damien Woody.
209. Seattle Seahawks (via Cleveland Browns) - Stanley Havili FB, USC
Coach Carroll gets his lead blocker from USC.
210. San Francisco 49ers (via Detroit Lions) - Greg Lloyd ILB, Connecticut
Takeo Spikes is 34 years old.
211. San Francisco 49ers - Sealver Siliga DT, Utah
S.F. lacks D-line depth.
212. Tennessee Titans - Aldrick Robinson WR, SMU
If the Titans we willing to sign Randy Moss they must have a need for a vertical threat.
Dallas Cowboys - Forfeited due to 7th round pick in the 2010 supplemental draft
213. Washington Redskins - Mike Mohamed ILB, Cal
Rocky McIntosh is a free agent and London Fletcher will be 36 years old this coming season.
214. Houston Texans - Chas Henry P, Florida
Matt Turk is 43 years old.
215. Minnesota Vikings - Richard Sherman CB/FS, Stanford
Husain Abdullah is a free agent.
216. St. Louis Rams - Chris Rucker FS/CB, Michigan State
The Rams released O.J. Atogwe.
217. Miami Dolphins - Stevan Ridley RB, LSU
Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams are free agents.
218. Miami Dolphins (via Jacksonville Jaguars) - Cheta Ozougwu DE/OLB, Rice
Koa Misi was very inconsistent last season.
219. Oakland Raiders - Chris Prosinski FS, Wyoming
Michael Huff is a free agent. Prosinski ran a 4.39 40 at his pro day.
220. Dallas Cowboys (via San Diego Chargers) - Mike Blanc DE/DT, Auburn
Marcus Spears, Jason Hatcher, and Stephen Bowen are free agents.
221. New York Giants - Brandon Bair DE/DT, Oregon
Mathias Kiwanuka and Barry Cofield are both free agents, and the Giants love to stockpile D-linemen.
222. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Brian Rolle OLB, Ohio State
Barrett Ruud and Quincy Black are both free agents.
223. Kansas City Chiefs - Greg McElroy QB, Alabama
The Chiefs need some QB depth.
224. Indianapolis Colts - Pat Devlin QB, Delaware
Indy could use a possible successor to Peyton Manning. Devlin is a raw prospect with a lot of upside.
225. Baltimore Ravens (via Philadelphia Eagles) - Anthony Allen RB/FB, Georgia Tech
Le'Ron McClain is a free agent.
226. New Orleans Saints - DeMarco Sampson WR, San Diego State
Lance Moore is a free agent.
227. Seattle Seahawks - Ryan Winterswyk DE, Boise State
Raheem Brock is a free agent.
228. Baltimore Ravens - Jabara Williams OLB, Stephen F. Austin
Baltimore can always use more pass-rushers.
229. Atlanta Falcons - Eric Gordon OLB, Michigan State
Stephen Nicholas is a free agent.
230. Atlanta Falcons (via New England Patriots) - Ronald Johnson WR, USC
Atlanta could use an upgrade over Harry Douglas and Micheal Jenkins.
Chicago Bears - Forfeited due to 7th round pick in the 2010 supplemental draft
Detroit Lions (via New York Jets) - Forfeited due to tampering charges
231. Pittsburgh Steelers - Frank Kearse NT, Alabama A&M
I have to admit I don't know anything about Frank Kearse except for the fact that the Steelers are just about the only team that showed up for his pro day and liked what they saw. He's 6'4", 315lbs, runs a 5.30 40 time, and did 22 reps on the bench press.
232. Green Bay Packers - Mike Person OT, Montana State
G.B. needs O-line depth.
233. (Compensatory pick) San Diego Chargers - Kyle Hix OT, Texas
San Diego needs competition for Jeremy Clary at RT.
234. (Compensatory pick) Miami Dolphins - Mistral Raymond FS, South Florida
Chris Clemons is awful.
235. (Compensatory pick) Minnesota Vikings - Courtney Smith WR, Southern Alabama
Sidney Rice is a free agent.
236. (Compensatory pick) Philadelphia Eagles - Karl Klug DE, Iowa
Brandon Graham tore his ACL and may not be ready to play by the start of the 2011 season.
237. (Compensatory pick) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Alex Linnenkohl OC, Oregon State
Jeff Faine is injury-prone.
238. (Compensatory pick) San Francisco 49ers - Justin Rogers CB, Richmond
Shawntae Spencer is very inconsistent.
239. (Compensatory pick) Philadelphia Eagles - Scott Lutrus OLB, UConn
Stewart Bradley is an injury-prone free agent.
240. (Compensatory pick) Oakland Raiders - Richard Lapham OT, Boston College
Langston Walker is a free agent.
241. (Compensatory pick) Seattle Seahawks - Zane Taylor OC, Utah
Seattle needs interior O-line help.
242. (Compensatory pick) New Orleans Saints - Adrian Moten OLB, Maryland
Danny Clark is a 34 year old free agent.
243. (Compensatory pick) Carolina Panthers - Kevin Rutland CB, Missouri
Richard Marshall is a free agent.
244. (Compensatory pick) Buffalo Bills - Eric Hagg S, Nebraska
Donte Whitner is a free agent.
245. (Compensatory pick) Cincinnati Bengals - Mario Butler S/CB, Georgia Tech
Almost all of the Safeties from Cincy's 2010 roster are free agents.
246. (Compensatory pick) Denver Broncos - Brandon Hogan CB, West Virginia
Perrish Cox may be going to prison.
247. (Compensatory pick) Cleveland Browns - Justin Boren OG, Ohio State
Pork Chop Womack is a free agent.
248. (Compensatory pick) Arizona Cardinals - Ryan Whalen WR, Stanford
Steve Breaston and Early Doucet are both free agents, and Larry Fitzgerald will be a free agent next year.
249. (Compensatory pick) San Francisco 49ers - Terron Sanders NT, Florida
Aubrayo Franklin is a 31 year old free agent. He'll probably resign but S.F. needs depth behind him.
250. (Compensatory pick) Tennessee Titans - Doug Hogue OLB, Syracuse
Will Witherspoon wasn't very good last season.
251. (Compensatory pick) Dallas Cowboys - Chris White ILB, Mississippi State
Bradie James is in the final year of his contract.
252. (Compensatory pick) Washington Redskins - Julian Vandervelde OG, Iowa
With the exception of Trent Williams at LT the Redskins need an upgrade at every O-linemen position.
253. (Compensatory pick) Houston Texans - Dane Sanzenbacher WR, Ohio State
Jacoby Jones is a free agent.