Here are Rounds 4-7 in Big Jay's most recent complete, seven round mock draft for BTSC. Many thanks to him for the hard work. Curious to see what folks think of these next four picks, and the fourth iteration of his seven-round mock in general. - Michael B. -
98. Carolina Panthers - Jurrell Casey DT, USC
Carolina will need to double-dip at DT
99. Seattle Seahawks (From New England via Denver) - Deunta Williams S, UNC
Seattle continues to upgrade the secondary.
100. Buffalo Bills - Jordan Cameron TE, USC
Buffalo's new QB will need a better safety-valve than Shawn Nelson.
101. Cincinnati Bengals - Pernell McPhee DE, Mississippi State
Antwan Odom is always hurt.
102. Cleveland Browns - K.J. Wright OLB, Mississippi State
The Browns lack any traditional 4-3 OLB's.
103. Arizona Cardinals - Jason Pinkston OT, Pittsburgh
The Cardinals will be forced to double and maybe even triple dip on Offensive Linemen prospects because they have one of the worst lines in the NFL.
104. Philadelphia Eagles (via Washington Redskins) - Greg Jones LB, Michigan State
Ernie Sims was terrible in coverage last season at WLB.
105. Houston Texans - Rashad Carmichael CB, Virginia Tech
Houston needs someone to pair with 2010 rookie Kareem Jackson.
106. Minnesota Vikings - Terrance Toliver WR, LSU
Sidney rice will need to be replaced if he leaves in free agency.
107. Detroit Lions - Nate Irving LB, North Carolina State
Detroit will need to address both OLB positions.
108. San Francisco 49ers - Lawrence Guy DE/DT, Arizona State
S.F. could use an upgrade over Isaac Sopoaga.
109. Tennessee Titans - Shiloh Keo SS, Idaho
Chris Hope is no longer worth the 6mill he'll be paid for the 2011 season.
110. Dallas Cowboys - Derek Newton OG/OT, Arkansas State
Kyle Kosier is a 32-year-old free agent.
111. Miami Dolphins - Vincent Brown WR, San Diego State
If they can't replace Chad Henne they can at least give him some more weapons.
112. St. Louis Rams - Joe Lefeged S, Rutgers
St. Louis needs to replace O.J. Atogwe.
113. Oakland Raiders - Ryan Bartholomew OC, Syracuse
Samson Satele is a free agent and Bartholomew is a combine warrior.
114. Jacksonville Jaguars - Jaiquawn Jarrett S, Temple
Don Carey is an awful Free Safety.
115. San Francisco 49ers (via San Diego Chargers) - Owen Marecic FB, Stanford
Coach Harbaugh gets one of his favorite players.
116. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Jalil Brown CB, Colorado
Aqib Talib may be going to prison and Rhonde Barber isn't getting any younger.
117. New York Giants - Casey Matthews ILB, Oregon
The Giants could use an upgrade at every Linebacker position.
118. Kansas City Chiefs - Tim Barnes OC, Missouri
Casey Wiegmann will be 38 years old this season.
119. Indianapolis Colts - Darius Morris OT/OG, Temple
Indy needs an upgrade over Ryan Diem at RT and over Mike Pollack at RG.
120. Philadelphia Eagles - Shareece Wright CB, USC
Philly needs two CB's to replace Ellis Hobbs and relegate Dimitri Patterson to the Nickel position.
121. Jacksonville Jaguars (via New Orleans Saints) - Ross Homan OLB, Ohio State
Justin Durant is a free agent.
122. Buffalo Bills (via Seattle Seahawks) - Sione Fua DT, Stanford
Buffalo has nothing on the D-line except for Kyle Williams.
123. Baltimore Ravens - Curtis Marsh CB, Utah State
The Ravens may double-dip at CB with three pending free agents at the position.
124. Atlanta Falcons - Andrew Jackson OG, Fresno State
Justin Blalock and Harvey Dahl are both free agents and it will probably be too expensive to resign both of them.
125. New England Patriots - DeMarcus Van Dyke CB, Miami
The Pats could use an upgrade over Kyle Arrington.
126. New York Jets - Kenrick Ellis NT, Hampton
The Jets have a lot of age issues on the D-line.
127. Chicago Bears - Austin Pettis WR, Boise State
Chicago lacks a legitimate number one WR.
128. Pittsburgh Steelers - Stephen Burton WR, West Texas A&M
This pick is likely to garner a lot of chatter from those of you in Steelers Nation but if you really think about it it'll make some sense. Recently the Steelers have made a habit of taking speedy WR's in the middle rounds. Mike Wallace, Emanuel Sanders, and Antonio Brown are all examples of this. So you ask, "Why would they take another one when they've already got enough on the roster?" Well this will most likely be Hines Ward's final go-around, it would be shocking if Limas Sweed made it out of the preseason, and A.R.L. will probably be cut as well. Burton had a phenomenal Pro Day, running a 4.38 40-time with a 1.46 10-yard split at 6'1", 224lbs. which is very Mike Wallace-like and he represents a greater value than any of the available OG's or CB's.
129. Green Bay Packers - DeMarco Murray RB, Oklahoma
James Starks has injury issues, Brandon Jackson is a free agent, and Ryan Grant is in the final year of his contract and has injury issues of his own as well.
130. (Compensatory pick) Tennessee Titans - Greg Romeus DE, Pittsburgh
Jason Babin is a 31 year old free agent who is likely seeking a big contract.
131. (Compensatory pick) Green Bay Packers - Dwayne Harris WR/KR, East Carolina
Donald Driver may retire after finally winning a Super Bowl and James Jones is a free agent.
132. Carolina Panthers - Lance Kendricks TE, Wisconsin
Carolina signed Jeremy Shockey but he's an injury-prone short-term solution at TE.
133. Buffalo Bills - Bruce Miller DE/OLB, Central Florida
Aaron Maybin has the look for a bust and needs to be replaced.
134. Cincinnati Bengals - Robert Sands SS, West Virginia
Robert Sands is a good fit for Cincy's defense.
135. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (via Denver Broncos) - Kendall Hunter RB, Oklahoma State
With LeGarrette Blount as the starting RB Tampa needs a cheaper back-up and third-down back than pending free agent Cadillac Williams.
136. Arizona Cardinals - Greg Salas WR, Hawaii
Steve Breaston and Early Doucet are both injury-prone free agents, and Larry Fitzgerald will be a free agent next year.
137. Cleveland Browns - Terrell McClain DT, South Florida
Cleveland cut both Shaun Rogers and Kenyon Coleman.
138. Houston Texans - Thomas Keiser DE/OLB, Stanford
Houston needs two OLB's for their conversion to a 3-4 defense.
139. Minnesota Vikings - Richard Sherman CB/FS, Stanford
Antoine Winfield is 34 years old and Cedric Griffin has injury issues.
140. Kansas City Chiefs (via Detroit Lions) - Nathan Enderle, QB, Idaho
K.C. will need a solid back-up for Matt Cassell and Enderle has the potential to start somewhere down the line.
141. San Francisco 49ers - Chimdi Chekwa CB, Ohio State
They drafted one CB to replace Nate Clements now they take another one to replace the inconsistent Shawntae Spencer.
142. Tennessee Titans - Lee Ziemba OG, Auburn
Leroy Harris is a free agent that needs to be replaced anyway.
143. Dallas Cowboys - Niles Paul WR, Nebraska
Roy Williams is an expensive 3rd WR.
144. Washington Redskins - Roy Helu RB, Nebraska
Mike Shanahan loves to use multiple RB's.
145. St. Louis Rams - Ian Williams NT, Notre Dame
Gary Gibson needs to be replaced.
146. Miami Dolphins - Kendric Burney CB, North Carolina
Miami needs and upgrade at Nickel CB over Bennie Sapp.
147. Jacksonville Jaguars - Eric Hagg S, Nebraska
The Jags need to replace both starting Safeties.
148. Oakland Raiders - Virgil Green TE, Nevada
Unless Zach Miller gets the franchise tag he won't be back next year.
149. Philadelphia Eagles (via San Diego Chargers) - Jacquizz Rodgers RB, Oregon State
Jerome Harrison is a free agent.
150. Minnesota Vikings (via New York Giants) - Julius Thomas TE, Portland State
Visanthe Shiancoe will be a free agent next year and was terrible in 2010.
151. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Colin McCarthy LB, Miami
Both Barrett Rudd and Quincy Black are free agents so the Bucs may take two Linebackers.
152. Indianapolis Colts - Cedric Thornton DE/DT, Southern Arkansas
Indy could use an upgrade over Fili Moala and especially Daniel Muir.
153. Philadelphia Eagles - Ricky Stanzi QB, Iowa
With Kevin Kolb as good as traded Andy Reid will need another young QB to groom for the future.
154. Detroit Lions (via Kansas City Chiefs) - Delone Carter RB, Syracuse
Detroit lacks a power RB.
155. Washington Redskins (via New Orleans Saints) - Chris Neild NT, West Virginia
Washington will most likely part ways with Albert Haynesworth.
156. Seattle Seahawks - Justin Boren OG, Ohio State
Seattle has a huge hole at RG.
157. Seattle Seahawks (via Baltimore Ravens) - Derek Hall OT, Stanford
Sean Locklear is a free agent.
158. Atlanta Falcons - Cliff Matthews DE, South Carolina
John Abraham will be 33 years old this season.
159. New England Patriots - Mario Harvey ILB, Marshall
New England lacks playmakers at the Linebacker position.
160. Chicago Bears - Lawrence Wilson OLB, UConn
Pisa Tinoisamoa is a 30 year old free agent.
161. New York Jets - Josh Davis OT, UGA
The Jets cut Damien Woody.
162. Pittsburgh Steelers - Derrick Locke RB, Kentucky
Mewelde Moore is a 29 year old free agent who is clearly on the decline. Locke is a big playmaker who can take it to the house any time he touches the ball.
163. Green Bay Packers - Anthony Gray NT, Southern Miss
The Packers could use defensive line depth with Johnny Jolly in constant trouble and Cullen Jenkins a free agent.
164. (Compensatory pick) Baltimore Ravens - Buster Skrine CB, UT-Chattanooga
The Ravens may double-dip at CB with three pending free agents at the position.
165. (Compensatory pick) Baltimore Ravens - Mark Herzlich ILB, Boston College
Baltimore needs some competition with Jameel McClain and an heir to Ray Lewis at ILB. Herzlich still needs time to regain his form after coming back from cancer but is a high character guy and worth the chance at the end of the 5th round.
166. Carolina Panthers - Jeremy Kerley WR, TCU
Carolina's WR corps has been a mess for some time now.
167. Cincinnati Bengals - Scott Lutrus ILB, UConn
Dhani Jones is a 33 year old free agent.
168. Cleveland Browns (via Denver Broncos) - Ugo Chinasa DE, Oklahoma State
Cleveland needs multiple D-linemen for their conversion to the 4-3 defense.
169. Buffalo Bills - Willie Smith OT, East Carolina
Buffalo needs an upgrade at RT.
170. Cleveland Browns - Jarriel King OT, South Carolina
The Browns cut John St. Clair and Tony Pashos was just as bad at RT.
171. Arizona Cardinals - Noel Devine RB, West Virginia
Arizona could use a home run hitter at RB.
172. Minnesota Vikings - Jermale Hines SS, Ohio State
Husain Abdullah is a free agent.
173. Seattle Seahawks (via Detroit Lions) - Greg McElroy, QB, Alabama
Matt Hasselbeck and J.P. Losman are both free agents.
174. San Francisco 49ers - Chris Culliver FS/KR, South Carolina
Dashon Goldson is a free agent.
175. Tennessee Titans - Kris O'Dowd OC, USC
Eugene Amano needs to be replaced.
176. Dallas Cowboys - Jeron Johnson SS, Boise State
Gerald Sensabaugh is a free agent.
177. Washington Redskins - Chykie Brown CB, Texas
Carlos Rogers and Phillip Buchanon are both free agents.
178. Houston Texans - Ronald Johnson WR, USC
Jacoby Jones is a free agent.
179. Miami Dolphins - Chris Rucker FS, Michigan State
Chris Clemons needs to be replaced badly.
180. St. Louis Rams - D.J. Williams TE, Arkansas
St. Louis needs to add as many weapons as possible for Sam Bradford to succeed.
181. Oakland Raiders - Mario Fannin RB, Auburn
Michael Bush is a free agent.
182. Jacksonville Jaguars - Kyle Hix OT, Texas
Jacksonville has no depth at OT after cutting Jordan Black.
183. San Diego Chargers - Tori Gurley WR, South Carolina
San Diego loves tall, big-bodied WR's.
184. Detroit Lions (from Philadelphia Eagles via Tampa Bay) - J.T. Thomas OLB, West Virginia
Detroit will need to take two OLB's with Zack Follett coming off of a bad injury.
185. New York Giants - Cecil Shorts WR, Mount Union
Steve Smith is a free agent with a knee injury.
186. Philadelphia Eagles - Henry Hynoski FB, Pittsburgh
Leonard Weaver has a serious knee injury.
187. Kansas City Chiefs - Alex Green RB, Hawaii
K.C. needs a cheaper alternative at power RB than the 33 year old Thomas Jones.
188. Indianapolis Colts - Dion Lewis RB, Pittsburgh
Joseph Addai is a 28 year old free agent.
189. Denver Broncos (from New England Patriots via New Orleans) - Chris White ILB, Mississippi State
Aside from D.J. Williams Denver doesn't have much at Linebacker.
190. San Francisco 49ers (via Seattle Seahawks) - Denarius Moore WR, Tennessee
Ted Ginn needs to be replaced at WR.
191. Baltimore Ravens - Zach Hurd OT/OG, UConn
Marshall Yanda and Chris Chester are both free agents.
192. Atlanta Falcons - Jerrard Tarrant S, Georgia Tech
William Moore was terrible last season.
193. New England Patriots - David Arkin OG, Missouri State
Logan Mankins was franchised but will probably be traded at some point.
194. New York Jets - Rick Elmore DE/OLB, Arizona
The Jets really need to upgrade their pass-rush personnel.
195. Chicago Bears - Pierre Allen DE, Nebraska
Chicago lacks depth behind Julius Peppers and Israel Idonije.
196. Pittsburgh Steelers - Alex Henery K, Nebraska
Shaun Suisham is average at best. In addition to being the top Kicker in this draft class Alex Henery is also a great Punter, so given that Daniel Sepulveda has already torn the ACL in his knee three times that added skill may come in handy.
197. Green Bay Packers - Cheta Ozougwu DE/OLB, Rice
G.B. lacks depth at OLB.
198. (Compensatory pick) New York Giants - Brandon Fusco OG/OC, Slippery Rock
Rich Seubert is 32 years old, recovering from knee surgery, and will be a free agent next offseason.
199. (Compensatory pick) Kansas City Chiefs - Mike Mohamed ILB, Cal
Mike Vrabel needs to be replaced.
200. (Compensatory pick) Minnesota Vikings - Alex Linnenkohl OC/OG, Oregon State
Anthony Herrera and John Sullivan both need to be replaced.
201. (Compensatory pick) San Diego Chargers - DeAndre Brown WR, Southern Miss
San Diego loves tall, big-bodied WR's like 6'6", 228lbs DeAndre Brown. Vincent Jackson was franchised but will probably be traded, and both Malcolm Floyd and Legedu Naanee are free agents.
202. (Compensatory pick) New York Giants - Rob Housler TE, Florida Atlantic
Kevin Boss is a free agent.
203. (Compensatory pick) Carolina Panthers - Taiwan Jones RB, Eastern Washington
Carolina will need someone to compliment Jonathan Stewart if they don't retain DeAngelo Williams.
204. Green Bay Packers (via Carolina Panthers) - Kai Forbath K, UCLA
Mason Crosby is a free agent and has never lived up to the hype he had coming into the league.
205. Denver Broncos - Devon Torrence CB, Ohio State
Perrish Cox may be going to prison.
206. Buffalo Bills - Darvin Adams WR, Auburn
The Bills may release Lee Evans.
207. Cincinnati Bengals - Steve Schilling OG, Michigan
Cincy plans on playing Andre Smith at LG but that's not going to work out.
208. New York Jets (via Arizona Cardinals) - Brandon Hogan CB, West Virginia
The Jets will probably not resign Antonio Cromartie unless he's willing to take a discount.
209. Seattle Seahawks (via Cleveland Browns) - DeMarco Sampson WR, San Diego State
Sampson is a bit of a project but offers a lot of potential as a number one WR.
210. San Francisco 49ers (via Detroit Lions) - Greg Lloyd ILB, Connecticut
Takeo Spikes is 34 years old.
211. San Francisco 49ers - Steven Friday DE/OLB, Virginia Tech
BPA, San Fran needs to upgrade its pass-rush.
212. Tennessee Titans - Aldrick Robinson WR, SMU
If the Titans we willing to sign Randy Moss they must have a need for a vertical threat.
Dallas Cowboys - Forfeited due to 7th round pick in the 2010 supplemental draft
213. Washington Redskins - Stanley Havili FB, USC
They could use an upgrade over Mike Sellers.
214. Houston Texans - Chas Henry P, Florida
Matt Turk is 43 years old.
215. Minnesota Vikings - Sealver Siliga DT, Utah
Pat Williams will probably retire.
216. St. Louis Rams - Darren Evans RB, Virginia Tech
The Rams need to find someone to ease the burden of Steven Jackson.
217. Miami Dolphins - Rob McGill OT, Louisiana Tech
Miami lacks O-line depth.
218. Miami Dolphins (via Jacksonville Jaguars) - Jeremy Beal DE/OLB, Oklahoma
Koa Misi was very inconsistent last season.
219. Oakland Raiders - Chris Conte S, Cal
Michael Huff is a free agent.
220. Dallas Cowboys (via San Diego Chargers) - Stevan Ridley RB, LSU
Dallas may cut ties with Marion Barber.
221. New York Giants - Brandon Bair DE/DT, Oregon
Mathias Kiwanuka and Barry Cofield are both free agents, and the Giants love to stockpile D-linemen.
222. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Ryan Winterswyk DE, Boise State
Tampa Bay will need to double-dip at DE.
223. Kansas City Chiefs - Ryan Whalen WR, Stanford
The Chiefs have nothing at WR aside from Dwayne Bowe.
224. Indianapolis Colts - Dane Sanzenbacher WR, Ohio State
Indy has several issues at WR.
225. Baltimore Ravens (via Philadelphia Eagles) - Anthony Allen RB/FB, Georgia Tech
Le'Ron McClain is a free agent.
226. New Orleans Saints - Ahmad Black S, Florida
The Saints could use an upgrade over Roman Harper.
227. Seattle Seahawks - Cortez Allen CB, Citadel
Seattle lacks secondary depth.
228. Baltimore Ravens - Elijah Joseph LB, Temple
Baltimore can always use more pass-rushers.
229. Atlanta Falcons - Eric Gordon OLB, Michigan State
Stephen Nicholas is a free agent.
230. Atlanta Falcons (via New England Patriots) - Markus White DE, Florida State
BPA, Atlanta could use some D-line depth.
Chicago Bears - Forfeited due to 7th round pick in the 2010 supplemental draft
Detroit Lions (via New York Jets) - Forfeited due to tampering charges
231. Pittsburgh Steelers - Frank Kearse NT, Alabama A&M
I have to admit I don't know anything about Frank Kearse except for the fact that the Steelers are just about the only team that showed up for his pro day and liked what they saw. He's 6'4", 315lbs, runs a 5.30 40 time, and did 22 reps on the bench press.
232. Green Bay Packers - Mike Person OT, Montana State
G.B. needs O-line depth.
233. (Compensatory pick) San Diego Chargers - Doug Hogue LB, Syracuse
San Diego has no depth at Linebacker and could definitely use some help on Special Teams.
234. (Compensatory pick) Miami Dolphins - Zane Taylor OC, Utah
Miami needs O-line depth.
235. (Compensatory pick) Minnesota Vikings - Brian Rolle OLB, Ohio State
Ben Leber is a 32 year old free agent.
236. (Compensatory pick) Philadelphia Eagles - Karl Klug DE, Iowa
Brandon Graham tore his ACL and may not be ready to play by the start of the 2011 season.
237. (Compensatory pick) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Justin Rogers CB, Richmond
If Aqib Talib goes to jail and/or is suspended T.B. will need CB depth.
238. (Compensatory pick) San Francisco 49ers - Da'Rel Scott RB, Maryland
Brian Westbrook is a 31 year old free agent.
239. (Compensatory pick) Philadelphia Eagles - Tray Allen OT, Texas
Winston Justice got beat down by Clay Matthews.
240. (Compensatory pick) Oakland Raiders - Richard Lapham OT, Boston College
Langston Walker is a free agent.
241. (Compensatory pick) Seattle Seahawks - Martin Parker DT, Richmond
Brandon Mebane and Junior Siavii are free agents.
242. (Compensatory pick) New Orleans Saints - Adrian Moten OLB, Maryland
Danny Clark is a 34 year old free agent.
243. (Compensatory pick) Carolina Panthers - Korey Lindsey CB, Southern Illinois
Richard Marshall is a free agent.
244. (Compensatory pick) Buffalo Bills - Kevin Rutland CB, Missouri
Drayton Florence is a free agent.
245. (Compensatory pick) Cincinnati Bengals - Mario Butler S/CB, Georgia Tech
Almost all of the Safeties from Cincy's 2010 roster are free agents.
246. (Compensatory pick) Denver Broncos - Jabara Williams OLB, Stephen F. Austin
Aside from D.J. Williams Denver doesn't have much at Linebacker.
247. (Compensatory pick) Cleveland Browns - Ladi Ajiboye DT, South Carolina
The Browns need multiple D-linemen for their conversion to the 4-3 defense.
248. (Compensatory pick) Arizona Cardinals - Justin Trattou DE/OLB, Florida
Joey Porter and Clark Haggans need to be replaced.
249. (Compensatory pick) San Francisco 49ers - Terron Sanders NT, Florida
Aubrayo Franklin is a 31 year old free agent. He'll probably resign but S.F. needs depth behind him.
250. (Compensatory pick) Tennessee Titans - Jonas Mouton OLB, Michigan
Will Witherspoon wasn't very good last season.
251. (Compensatory pick) Dallas Cowboys - Mike Blanc DE/DT, Auburn
Marcus Spears, Jason Hatcher, and Stephen Bowen are free agents.
252. (Compensatory pick) Washington Redskins - Julian Vandervelde OG, Iowa
With the exception of Trent Williams at LT the Redskins need an upgrade at every O-linemen position.
253. (Compensatory pick) Houston Texans - Javes Lewis S/CB, Oregon
Bernard Pollard needs to be replaced.