Football will finally begin again for the Steelers on Friday when they face the Washington Redskins in their first preseason game. This will be the first time the Steelers will play since their devastating defeat one Sunday last February. Anyways, here are my players to watch and a prediction.Players to Watch
- Limas Sweed: We all want to see if Sweed can finally live up to his #1 WR potential. This is his first of four chances to earn a roster spot and with Emmanuel Sanders ruled out of Friday's game, Sweed will likely get significant playing time.
- Keenan Lewis: Lewis has a ton of talent and maybe this is the year he can stop being so dumb. He has the tools to be our #2 corner this year and I really hope he shines on Friday
- Anthony Gray: Gray will have a tough time making the roster but he can make strides towards making the team with a good game on Friday. He has a ton of talent and now he gets to show it.
- Baron Batch: Batch will be trying to make the team as a the 4th RB and he can show his talent on the field now. He has had a great camp so far and now he can prove himself.
- Weslye Saunders: Saunders has great talent and physical tools and he can show his talents on Friday. He will likely get reps with the second team and we know he can catch passes but he needs to show that he can block as well.
- Jonathan Scott: He will likely be our starting LT this year so I want to see how he does. I think he will shine in his limited playing time on Friday.
- Chris Scott: He has looked great in camp so far and he could possible start on Friday at LG because Kemo is out. If he does get the start, it will be interesting to see how he looks.
- Stevenson Sylvester: He has been having an awesome camp and I want to see what he does on the field. I think he is the replacement for Farrior but he needs to start proving himself.
- Ziggy Hood and Cameron Heyward: I know they are two players and should be on two bullets but I am saving the last spot for a special player. I am really interested in seeing if Hood can continue to reek havoc on the opposing teams offense like he did last year and I really want to see what Heyward is made of.
- KING ISAAC REDMAN: He will be the 2nd RB on the depth chart and I want to see him go beast mode.
Prediction: Steelers: 28 Redskins: 14