I really didn’t want to get off my couch, load my gat and get in my car to fire off some rounds. But hey, this was the first taste of "Steeler football" of the year. I cringe as I type "Steeler football". I really hate the first game of preseason and this game was just plain ugly. I mean these games are short on star power. While it’s fun looking at new players, there’s chance or injury and all. Anyhow since I locked and loaded....as Marvin Gaye said…Let’s Get It On.1. Ike: broke a thumb? Put a cast on and play. We know he isn’t going to intercept anything anyways.
2. Antonio Brown: What’s not to love about him?
3. The game: This game looked like a Redskins team trying to prove something and a Steeler team going through the motions. I’ll blame this on rust. No pun intended. I know, preseason.
4. Redman: I see ya bro. Can we all just say he runs hard and his wheels don’t stop. He gets tough yardage. He may never reach the status of his legend, but half of that is all we need.
5. Mundy: Niiiiiiiiice. I liked him from day one though. That injury his first year saved Carter ‘s job for another year.
6. DBs: Don’t be too tough on them. They ran horrible coverage schemes for the base defense they played up from.
7. Heyward: Anything coming his way was shut down. He showed up on the field more than in the stat line.
8. Hampton: How can they miss that many holding calls when he’s near the ball carrier.
9. Keisel: Nasty!
10. Suisham: Dude they game you another 5 yards and you still can’t kick it out of the endzone? Did you even play soccer?
11. Redskins: What’s up with playing your starters all first half?
12. Redskins Cheerleaders: I have nothing to say about that…..wipe your chin young man
13. Robopunter: Keep him please. Then make him wear knee braces anytime he’s not in the game.
14. Use this one to get the party started. I’m going to bed.
By the way.....Can't let a Redskins game go by without letting a few from my favorite bunch say hello. Say hello to the ladies.