Well, that was rough. I don't care so much that we lost but more so how bad we looked doing it. Not many players really shined yet there were a lot of bads. This post will get straight to the key points from the game.
- Antonio Brown was awesome. He had four catches for 64 yards and would have had one more catch. The kid is trying to show that he can be our #3 WR and he will be in a battle for that spot with Cotchery and Sanders.
- Isaac Redman was awesome as usual. He had 5 carries for 42 yards and 1 TD. He made some good blocks and was phenomenal. We have a very deep group of RBs this year.
- Ryan Mundy was making a lot of tackles before he got injured (minor injury) and finished with 7 solo tackles and 1 assisted tackle. He needs to improve his coverage a little bit though
- Cameron Heyward looked pretty good. He did not do much on the stat sheet but he was pretty disruptive and looked comfortable.
- Daniel Sepulveda was booming punts. He had four punts averaging 51 yards per punt and he placed 3 inside the 20. Lets hope he stays healthy.
- Anthony Gray: He registered 2 tackles but more importantly, he looked very good holding the middle and forcing things to the outside.
That is really all I can say for the good, now onto the bad.
- William Gay has already begun the 10 yard cushion, get beat, give up lots of catches routine. He was bad.
- Limas Sweed did not play. I was hoping we would get to see him and he did dress but he was never put in. Hopefully we get to see him next week.
- Injuries: Timmons, Mundy, and Ike all suffered minor injuries tonight. Lets hope all our injuries this year are minor.
- Dennis Dixon: He is so bad. He was really, really awful tonight. His passes were constantly short and inaccurate and he had like 3 or 4 passes that were almost picked. (1 for 10 for 29 yards and a sub 40 QB rating)
- Jason Worilds: Worilds got the start tonight and he looked terrible. Hightower got most of his yards running right at Worilds and if he wants to contribute this year, he needs to be better against the run.
- ZERO SACKS: None of our players were able to register a sack. I hope I never have to type that again.
- Special Teams coverage: We gave up 2 Punt Returns for 19 yards each and also a 58 yard kick return. Lets hope we fix that soon.
- Arnaz Battle: He had a few catches but he also had a few drops. He will probably be cut.
- Jonathan Dwyer: Dwyer posted just five carries for seven yards but its not as bad as it looked. A couple times there was no blocking but it still was not a good night for him.