The Giants have had a quiet off-season and it is hard to argue that they got better but they might not have gotten worse either. Anyways, here are their free agent signings.Free Agent Signings
The Giants cut some of their key cogs along their OL in Rich Seubert, Shaun O'Hara, and Shawn Andrews. They lost some other big players but none bigger than Barry Coefield. Losing Coefield will hurt the Giants defense. None of their signings were that good but they did have an awesome draft.
I think the Giants will have a typical Giants season. Start out fast, finish slow, and miss the playoffs. I think their floor is seven wins but their ceiling is eleven wins. I think they end the year at 9-7 and miss the playoffs.
Players I Expect to Thrive
- Hakeem Nicks: Nicks is poised for a breakout year and if he does not get hurt I think he could be top 5 in yards, TD, and Rec. He has tons of talent and I expect him to put it together this year.
- William Beaty: With all the OL cuts, I think that William Beaty will be the starting LT this year and I think he will have a very good season.
- Hakeem Nicks: See above. I would spend a second or early third round pick on him
- Brandon Jacobs: He will be the second RB but he is a TD eater and should have 10 TDs and 750 yards which would be a good season for a backup RB. If you use him during a bye week, I think it is worth the late round pickup.
- This could be Tom Coughlin's final year because the Giants could easily have a terrible year this year (i.e. 7 or 8 wins) and if that is the case, I think that fans would be calling for his head. They could also make the playoffs but I am not seeing it. Here is why. I think the Eagles, Saints, Packers, and any NFC West team are going to win the division. That leaves the Giants, Cowboys, Bucs, Falcons, and Bears competing for the Wild Card spots and I think the winners will be the Bucs/Falcons and the Bears.