1. Troy P- the W/L record with and without him speaks for itself
2. Ike Taylor- Our questionable depth at Corner is well-documented, and the criticism well-deserved
3. Big Snack- I think what he does to help lock down the running game is under-appreciated. Maybe Ziggy could fill in adequately along with Hokey, but I don't want to see it happen.
4. Heath Miller- How many times have we seen him spring a RB for a big gain sealing off the end of the line? not to mention those crazy-good hands
5. James Farrior- He QBs the best defense in the NFL, period. His leadership and brains on the field are a huge difference-maker, and he still has it from a physical perspective.
Couple comments. I didn't include Mendy because I honestly think Redman could carry the load admirably in his absence for an extended period of time. He definitely is our best back, but the drop-off may not be as dramatic as some would assume. Also, I had a tough time choosing between all 4 of our linebackers at #5, so I can't argue hard against Harrison, Woodley or Timmons. I just think leadership in this day and age is under-valued and so influential on any team, so I went with Farrior...
What's your top 5? feel free to argue if you don't think Ben is #1 as well, although I reserve the right to inquire as to what you've been inserting into that home-grown weed you've been smoking!