It's time for BTSC's 2012 Community Mock Draft!
If you haven't participated before or could use a refresher about how this is going to go, we're going to mock the 1st round (and just the 1st round) of the coming draft as a community. Each team gets a person, and when it is their turn, they make their pick and put together a write up -- which will be posted here on the front page.
This is finally getting set in motion a bit later than in years past, but I think we've got just enough time to hopefully get this done before the draft.
If you're interested in participating, keep the following in mind (Michael Bean's old guidelines):
1) Only express your interest in participating if you typically visit BTSC every day, or every other day. I say that because it's no fun for me to have to send off a bunch of emails reminding people they are on the clock.
2) Please don't select a team if you'll be taking a week-long vacation sometime in the next month or so. If you travel for business or have a few short trips on the horizon, that's okay. There's no saying exactly when you'll be up, but I can work with you on helping out if we get unlucky and you happen to be away for a few days when it's time for your team to draft.
3) You should ideally select a team that you know something about. If you live in Chicago and have to listen to your best friend go on and on about the Bears, then select them. This isn't possible in every instance, but when possible, pick a team that you know at least a thing or two about.
4) I'm setting aside the Steelers for maryrose. Free game other than that.
Directions on how to pick a team are after the jump:
1) Select the team you'd like to draft for in the comments section. I will do my best to try to cross names off the list as I see them come off the board, but please do your best to also scan the comments section to see what's been selected.
2) Select only one team.
3) Please, please don't do this: 'I'll take the Steelers if they're available, if not, I'll take the Bills.' Select one team after scanning the comments and checking my updated list.
4) If two or more people select a team within a minute of each other, then feel free to select a second team after you've realized that you just missed out.
5) Do note that if you select New England/Cleveland/Cincinnati, you're on the hook for making two picks. If someone else is desperate to participate but saw this too late, maybe we'll see about asking you to donate one of your selections to spread the love. But be prepared to do both.
2012 1st Round Draft Order:
Indianapolis Colts- Neal Coolong Washington Redskins (via St. Louis)- BlueLoneWolf Minnesota Vikings- crosby87 Cleveland Browns- _ET_ Tampa Bay Buccaneers- FLsteelhead St. Louis Rams (via Washington)- Hines4theHall Jacksonville Jaguars- Ben Balesverger Miami Dolphins- MiamiSteelersFan Carolina Panthers- WolfpackSteelersFan Buffalo Bills- Cannon36 Kansas City Chiefs- Steel in FL Seattle Seahawks- Riddlah. Arizona Cardinals- Steel34D Dallas Cowboys- Mike Frazer Philadelphia Eagles- LV Steelers Fan New York Jets- steelers1963 Cincinnati Bengals (via Oakland)- seton hall and the steelers San Diego Chargers- BluegrassSteeler Chicago Bears- Readarmon0 Tennessee Titans- Dcarter
Cincinnati Bengals- seton hall and the steelers Cleveland Browns (via Atlanta)- _ET_ Detroit Lions- JDSpartan Pittsburgh Steelers- maryrose Denver Broncos- Ram_india Houston Texans- jacquavivajr New England Patriots (via New Orleans)- VinnySteel Green Bay Packers- barnerburner Baltimore Ravens- Mr MaLoR San Francisco 49ers- c63tho New England Patriots- VinnySteel New York Giants- Pittsblitz56
If you want to see what we put together last year, go to the main page and look to the left column, where there's a dropdown menu labeled "Sections". Then click on "2011 BTSC Community Mock Draft".
Once all the teams have been selected, I'll post some more instructions about actually making picks, and then this thing will be officially under way!