I decided to work up my own 53 man projection to see how the numbers played out.
Here are the key questions as I see it.
- Cut Batch due to age? - yes
- Is there a 9th OL worthy of the roster? sadly no. I stuck with 8 here to carry an extra safety in week 1.
- Is Rainey a RB only or can he be the #5 WR too? Both
- Can we afford to carry 3 NT? Yes
- Is Adrian Robinson's pass rush ability worthy of a roster spot? Hell yes.
- Who is the 4th DE. Woods/Bryant ?
- Who is the #5 corner ?
- Should you pick Paulson for receiving or McCoy for blocking as the #3 TE? I picked McCoy for blocking in light of the state of the OT depth. Best chance to win this year.
- Should we stash Worilds on on PUP? Yes
In square brackets are GameDay inactives
3QB BR, Lefty, JJ
3OT Gilbert, [Adams], Starks PS: Beachum
4OG Decastro, Colon, Foster, Legursky PS: Lee
3TE Miller, Pope, McCoy SUS: Saunders, PS: Paulson
4WR Wallace, Brown, Sanders, Cotchery PS: Beiler, Gilreath
5RB [Mendy], Redman, Dwyer, Rainey, Batch
3NT Hampton, McLendon, [Ta'Amu]
4DE Keisel, Ziggy, Heyward, Woods
5OLB Harrison, Woodley, Carter, Johnson, A. Robinson PUP: (Worilds)
4ILB Foote, Timmons, Spence, [Sly]
5S Troy, [Clark], Mundy, Allen, Golden
5CB Ike, Lewis, Allen, Brown, [Victorian]