September 9, 2012; Denver, CO, USA; Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (7) passes as Denver Broncos defensive end Elvis Dumervil (92) gets away with an uncalled face mask in the 3rd quarter at Sports Authority Field at Mile High. Mandatory Credit: Chris Humphreys-US PRESSWIRE
As Ivan Cole cautions, jumping to conclusions over September football let alone opening week is a dangerous proposition. But...
...the 24/7 news cycle is all about jumping to conclusions so, with that we give you your "Snap Judgments Heading into the Second Week" edition of the 5 Burning Questions.
1. We got our first real look at Todd Haley's offense. What do you have to say?
2. It might have been a ticky-tacky call, but on Demaryius Thomas 71 yard touchdown pass a Bronco defender clearly had a handful of Ryan Mundy's jersey just as Thomas was running by - should more have been made of this non-call?
3. The Steelers were literally down to 5 healthy offensive lineman vs. Denver. Anyone want to second guess the coaches' personnel decisions and/or game day inactive list choices?
4. Injuries ravaged the Steelers offensive lines in 2008, 2010, and 2011. The law of averages says that the Steelers run of bad luck there has to end at some point. Doesn't it?
5. What one thing from the Bronco's game makes you optimistic about 2012 and what one thing about the Bronco's game makes you pessimistic?
There you go - Have at it folks!
But remember folks, losses lead to raw nerves, so keep it civil.