Hello Steeler fans, great articles and analysis on the site. I wanted to contribute so I thought about putting together a sarcastically humorous post about the last game. The “other” reasons for not liking the outcome of the last game may not be so obvious to everyone. I hope you enjoy.
1. Ben’s pick six. Hey, it’s going to happen once in a while. But every time Ben’s throws a pick six he should send every fan $500.00 and an apology letter that reads, “Sorry about that, enjoy the extra cash.” The money should be enough to patch the hole in the wall, get a new beer mug and take my girl out to dinner.
2. It was in Denver. I love Colorado but I hate Denver. True story; the first time I was in Denver I got lost and ended up at a bus stop with a lady and two kids. A guy walks up and pulls out a knife and threatens us. The lady told him to leave me alone and the man turned the knife on the woman. The children started laughing and the women hailed a cab and jumped in and fled. I’m not going back. FYI, I’m sure that guy was a Bronco’s fan.
3. Ryan Clark could not play. If Clark has a medical condition that prevents him from doing his job then Denver and the NFL has to accommodate for his medical needs. Isn’t that the law? This accommodation should include having the game in a city that he can play in. Clarke should sue!
4. John Elway was there. I don’t know about you but every time I see John Elway I get a visceral urge to punch him in the face. I’m sure he’s a nice guy and all but there is something about him that makes me want to punch him. Am I alone on this?
5. It was the last game on Sunday. Why make me wait all day long for the game. Come on man.
6. All the commercials. There should be a time bar at the bottom of the TV screen that tells us how long we have left before the game resumes. Do it!
7. Roger Goodell. I don’t think he was at the game but he’s a dick. So he makes the list.
8. Denver’s orange jerseys. Getting beat by a team that wears orange pisses me off. It’s like getting beat-up by a guy wearing a pink tie. It’s just embarrassing.
9. The NFL channel. The NFL channel showed a replay of the Steelers-Broncos game. There should be a rule that they can only show replays of Steelers games if they win. Seriously, who’s going to watch the Steelers loose, again? Only a few people in Denver and they all probably have a big knife.
10. The Ref’s. Since we lost the game they did a horrible job. It’s just a fact.