Welcome BTSCers!!!! Here at the BTSC we welcome all opinions, debates, predictions, football insight, the beloved Hate Guide, opposing fan banter, and yes folks even the doom & gloom which usually happens after a Steeler loss. Well I have created the top 5 (no particular order) must have's if doom & gloom is your game! This guide should equip you with the right characteristics and mindsets that are necessary to be an accomplished doom & gloomer, so let's get started!
1. Since most doom & gloom posts usually start minutes after a Steeler loss it is important to get your point out there and be heard! So, MAKE SURE YOU PRESS THE CAPS LOCK BUTTON LOCATED ON THE LEFT SIDE/MIDWAY DOWN A STANDARD KEYBOARD. This will ensure your message is truly bellowed across the BTSC site, because nobody online can see you pounding your fists against the floor so make sure TO TURN IT ON!!!!
2. Another important aspect to posting doom & gloom is to be fully inebriated (aka drunk). Side note: This is also a good pre-qualification when sending an ex a text, voice message, or e-mail at 2am. There is nothing that separates your posts from the naysayers' more than incorrect speallinng!!! Let us practice. Correct: "The defense played terrible". Doom & Gloom Correct: "the defence playd terrable". Using the incorrect spelling will not only show your peers a thing or two about intoxication (aka drunkenness) but will also make you stand out as a top class doom & gloom poster.
3. A true doom & gloom has very little football insight or knowledge. If understanding the game and providing useful and insightful football knowledge is your thing, maybe doom & gloom is not your forte. A true doom & gloom see's the game from a different set of eyes. For example: A QB having a 120+ passer rating, throwing for almost 400yds, no interceptions, and having over a 70% passer rating IS the true cause to any loss. Listen, it really is and I for one "get it" and know exactly where you are coming from. In my own special way I applaud you for your explicative football insight...
4. It is important to understand that once confronted with indisputable facts that contradict your point of view (which usually includes firing everyone, cutting all players, and losing all games so we can get the #1 draft pick), you cease any and all follow-on posts! Step away, you already did your part...let the football proficient folks argue facts; you're here to cast doom & gloom so post and run!
5. If the Steelers win it is really important to avoid posting that week. Don't even respond to other posts, hide in the comforts of your home, don't answer the phone, shut your blinds, don't e-mail friend/family, try to avoid any human contact, basically act as if you didn't exist. This is important to the doom & gloom survival; for you shall cast your fire and furry again! Might be next week, might be a month from now, or hell...it might even be next season but make no mistake about it you will RISE again!