It wasn't just a temporary injury, as it turns out. Roethlisberger suffered a subluxation of his right index finger - simply put, a dislocated joint in that finger.
He had two turnovers in the game, while going 36-for-51 for 383 yards and a touchdown. It was the second game in a row Roethlisberger has topped 375 yards, including the 406 he got in a Week 3 loss to Chicago.
Roethlisberger is 103-for-162 on the season, with 1,231 yards (fifth-highest in the NFL) five touchdowns, five interceptions and a rating of 84.2.
The Steelers are not holding their Tuesday press conference due to the impending bye week, but the players are practicing and speaking to the media.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Steelers Postgame News, Updates and Analysis
- Report: Foster initially suffered chest injury in Week 3
- Ben: 'You could say we are the worst team in the league'
- Steelers defense just may lack talent
- It's time for the Steelers to make a change at left tackle
- Antonio Brown among statistical leaders
- Johnson, Heyward score highest grades
- Four things we learned in another Steelers loss
- Lost in the loss was an impressive debut for Le'Veon Bell
- Postgame injury report: Foster left with chest injury
- Twitter reaction to 0-4 start
- Steelers vs. Vikings final score: Minnesota paced by five sacks in 34-27 win over Pittsburgh
- Winners and Losers in Steelers loss to Vikings