The Steelers will travel to New York to take on the 3-2 Jets in Week 6, and while Foster's status was uncertain, he practiced fully Wednesday, showing positive signs of his ability to compete at a high level for this game.
If Foster has a set-back, the decision would likely come down to either starting Kelvin Beachum or Guy Whimper at left guard. If Foster does play, the concentration would shift to left tackle, where the team is allegedly weighing a decision to either play Beachum or recently acquired Levi Brown.
LT Mike Adams was unceremoniously benched during the bye week for a streak of poor play that's limited the Steelers' offense during their 0-4 start.
Beachum replaced Foster during the Vikings game, and has replaced Maurkice Pouncey at center, Marcus Gilbert at right tackle and even started a game at tight end - all of this just four games into the 2013 season.
Wide receiver Markus Wheaton has already been ruled out of this game. Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger had a partially dislocated finger in the loss to the Vikings, but practiced fully Wednesday and is expected to play. Reserve safety DaMon Cromartie-Smith was limited with a hip injury.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Steelers vs. Jets: Everything you need to know
- "Their Life's Work" should be required reading for Steeler Nation
- William Gay took starter's reps from Cortez Allen Wednesday
- Colbert to watch Louisville, Bridgewater, Thursday
- Taylor tells benched Steelers to 'take it personal'
- Will Allen working out at Steelers' facility
- Vince Williams ready to be Steelers' starter
- Cowher to call Steelers at Jets game in Week 6
- Steelers release Kion Wilson, sign Stevenson Sylvester