Ben Jr. is getting a sibling.
A message on the site reads "We are both excited and blessed to announce that we’re expecting baby #2 in the spring! – Ben & Ashley."
The couple had their first child in November of 2012, and at the very least, assuming NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell is unsuccessful in his plan to have NFL games scheduled over 12 months a year, the Roethlisbergers won't have their second baby during the football season.
Roethlisberger was injured last season, and through that, Roethlisberger held true to his stance that he would not miss the birth of his child due to a game. He was born Nov. 21, four days before the Steelers would lose to the Cleveland Browns in Week 12. Ben Jr. saw Charlie Batch, and not his father, lead the Steelers to a 23-20 upset over the Ravens in Baltimore in Week 13. Ben Sr. returned to the field in Week 14, but the Steelers lost three of their final four games to miss the playoffs.
I won't be the first to write congratulations to the Roethlisbergers, may their second child be born in a year in which the Steelers win the first of multiple Super Bowls in his or her lifetime.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Steelers stomp Jets: Everything you need to know
- Meet Richard Gordon, the newest addition to the Steelers roster
- Levi Brown, David Johnson placed on injured reserve, Steelers sign two
- BTSC Week 7 Power Rankings
- A meditation on the meaning of a Steelers win
- Rushing for 100 yards rare for Steelers against Ravens
- Steelers offense: Todd Haley focused on quick pass
- Roethlisbergers expecting their second child
- Polamalu leads by painful example
- Pathetic run game has been productive enough
- Tomlin improves to 6-1 after bye week
- Steelers win ugly, but it could be pyrrhic
- Steelers vs. Jets: Win was a Cowher "blow out"
- Jets Smith credits Clark, Polamalu