According to Jason La Canfora, the Steelers are looking to bring in a veteran offensive tackle to fix their protection issues.
Ravens aren't the only team in AFC North moving for tackle help - Steelers and Cards are hammering out a trade sending Levi Brown to PITT— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) October 2, 2013
The old joke used to run along the lines of unwanted Steelers finding new homes with the Arizona Cardinals, from Rashard Mendenhall to Bruce Arians. Levi Brown has fallen out of Arians' good graces and is wearing out his welcome in Arizona, after the Cardinals drafted him fifth overall in the 2007 NFL draft.
While Brown is not an considered an elite level talent, he is still most likely an upgrade over the efforts of Adams in the first four weeks of the season due to his veteran experience.
It's uncertain who or what the Steelers are offering in return. The deal could simply be for future draft picks, or possibly involve a current player. Either way, the Steelers are not winning with the roster they have now, and having a bye week is the perfect opportunity for players to join new teams.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- STEELERS TRADE: Deal finalized with Cardinals for OT Levi Brown
- Levi Brown trade: Everything we know
- Adams benched for Beachum
- Beachum's long, winding road
- Rams release Max Starks as Ravens trade for Eugene Monroe
- Steelers Postgame News, Updates and Analysis
- Report: Foster initially suffered chest injury in Week 3
- Ben: 'You could say we are the worst team in the league'