Steelers Digest editor Bob Labriola cleared up any residual concerns regarding the Steelers' trade for offensive tackle Levi Brown with a Tweet Wednesday evening confirming Brown renegotiated his contract with Arizona prior to the trade to Pittsburgh.
Further details of the renegotiation were not released.
Suddenly, what's been viewed as a bad deal for the Steelers gets a bit better. With a healthy cap number, the Steelers are parting with a late-round pick next year for a veteran offensive tackle. Our stance in regards to Mike Adams has been his errors are more of the mental variety. Perhaps a tackle with more preparation experience can adjust better to what's needed to start at this level.
And perhaps Adams - who still should be viewed as the starter of the future at the position - can learn from him. All of this assuming no one gets injured in the meantime.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Markus Wheaton had surgery on broken pinkie
- STEELERS TRADE: Deal finalized with Cardinals for OT Levi Brown
- Levi Brown trade: Everything we know
- Steelers Film Room: No margin for error in Week 4
- A summarized history of the career of Mike Adams
- Meet Levi Brown, the newest Steelers player
- Isaiah Green released
- Why the Steelers may be in denial
- Cardinals 'rejoice' over trade
- Cardinals were prepared to cut Levi Brown before trading him to Pittsburgh
- Adams benched for Beachum
- Beachum's long, winding road
- Rams release Max Starks as Ravens trade for Eugene Monroe Follow @NealCoolong