Maybe it was post-Ravens game bumps and bruises, but 11 Steelers were listed on the initial injury report, with five of them either having missed or were limited in practice to start the week Wednesday.
Jarvis Jones (concussion) is expected to return after missing a week due to a concussion sustained against the Jets in Week 6. Heath Miller gets Wednesday off, and Lawrence Timmons is expected to play despite a broken hand.
He'll have a cast on the hand, but his fingers will be free. Timmons had 17 tackles against the Ravens, a career high, and was an instrumental part in a solid all-around defensive performance.
Defensive end Brett Keisel left the Steelers' Week 7 win over Baltimore with bruised ribs, but shouldn't be limited in practice Friday.
Offensive tackle Marcus Gilbert should return to the game as well, after managing only seven plays due to a quadriceps injury. He was replaced by Guy Whimper in the game. Kelvin Beachum practiced fully but is listed as having injured ribs.
Tight end Richard Gordon, who missed the first game for which he was eligible with the Steelers due to a toe injury, practiced fully Thursday.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Steelers at Raiders: Everything you need to know
- Jones thinks he's fine, remains patient
- Steelers Film Room: Thomas, Taylor and Troy
- Pryor told Tomlin not to draft him
- Cowher to interview Franco on CBS Pregame Show
- Tomlin sending messages to players through the media
- Everyone hates Ben Roethlisberger