Week 5 of this season brought the bye week to Pittsburgh an hence the Steelers enjoyed their first non-losing weekend of 2013.
Our beloved Black and gold are bracing for a game vs. the newly resurgent New York Jets, but before they can embark on that challenge, 5 Burning Questions remain for Steelers Nation to wrestle with.
1. Last week we asked if the Steelers should consider bringing back Max Starks (again) only to see news events overtake us in the form of the Levi Brown trade. What do you think of the move?
2. Following the Steelers Loss in London Mike Tomlin vowed roster changes, and Tomlin made good. What do you think of the moves involving left tackle, defensive end and, as reported exclusively here on BTSC, Shamarko Thomas and Ryan Clark?
3. The Steelers have started 0-4 for the first time since the Bill Austin era and perhaps for the first time since the Austin era have made two in-season acquisitions for two starter-capable players. Since they both involve the offensive line and the Steelers are playing the Jets, is it fair to second guess the decision to push Willie Colon out the door?
4. The indignity of the Steelers 0-4 start happened to coincide with LC Greenwood's untimely death. Everyone agrees that the original term "Steel Curtain" referred to the four some of Greenwood, Ernie Holmes, Joe Greene, and Dwight White.
Do you think it is appropriate the Steelers Nation has adopted the term and applied it liberally to other Steelers defenses since then and/or more generically to "all things Steelers" or do you think out of reverence use of the term should stick to its original meaning?
5. Apparently when you're 0-4 even the local media doesn't care what you have to say...
#Steelers Tomlin, press conference ends early when questions stop. Most lightly attended Tuesday press conference in years.— Ed Bouchette (@EdBouchette) October 8, 2013
....So, imagine that Neal Coolong and SB Nation were able to rustle up some press credentials to get you into South Side representing BTSC. What (serious) question(s) would you have asked Tomlin?
There you go folks. Have at it.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Steelers vs. Jets: Everything you need to know
- "Their Life's Work" should be required reading for Steeler Nation
- 5 Burning Questions on the Pittsburgh Steelers
- 2014 NFL Draft: Getting familiar with a few prospects
- Heyward over Hood: It's about time
- Ben likes what he's seeing from Bell
- Jets favored by three points
- Steelers gave Stevenson Sylvester a workout this week
- A second straight losing season could put Steelers on 'Hard Knocks'
- Heyward to start over Hood
- Willie Colon's peak-and-valley time in Pittsburgh
- Foster's high school number retired - after this season
- Thomas to receive more playing time with the Steelers base defense