One of the more awesome moments of being a Steelers fan is when the classic Styx song, 'Renegade', is played in the stadium as the scoreboard shows defensive highlights to pump up the crowd.
If you've never been able to experience it live, you should know that it's probably the most exciting fan-involved part of a Steelers' home game. As the song is played and the montage of highlights rolls on the scoreboard, fans collectively rise to their feet and twirl their Terrible Towels.
The spectacle is one of the signature pieces of a home field advantage in Heinz Field, as the Steelers' defense has had a history of making huge plays shortly after the song is played and the fans are excited. Over the years, several big plays have been made shortly after the song finishes; examples include this gem from the legendary comeback against Baltimore in the divisional round of the 2011 playoffs.
Today, 'Renegade' struck again in the fourth quarter, as the crowd rallied behind the defense, and in the very first play of the ensuing drive, Ryan Clark makes the an interception and arguably the biggest play of the game.
The interception was one of the splash plays that coach Mike Tomlin always emphasizes as a necessity from his team. With a 2-6 record going into the game and just after allowing the most points in a single game in franchise history last week, it was nice to see the old theme resurface and the team make a play shortly after it.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Bills vs. Steelers: Postgame news and updates stream
- Ben Roethlisberger Trade Rumor: Everything we know
- Monday Takeaways
- Timmons hit on E.J. Manuel the result of patience
- Winners and Losers after Steelers victory over Buffalo
- Steelers thrash Bills 23-10
- Ben on rumor: 'It's one of the most B.S. stories I've ever heard'
- Team dismisses trade rumor as 'erroneous'
- LaMarr Woodley injury: Steelers OLB doubtful to return with calf injury
- Ramon Foster injury: Steelers left guard left with ankle injury
- Updated: Shamarko Thomas injury: Steelers rookie will not return to game vs. Bills