The Lions as a franchise probably don't like Pittsburgh a whole lot, off the record. They haven't seen a win in Pittsburgh since Steelers defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau was a player - in 1955. That's a lot of games.
What's even rarer is a wide receiver with the talent of Detroit's Calvin Johnson. He will be a main focal point in this game, as will most of the rest of Detroit's powerful offense. Perhaps a slow, soggy field can stall them enough for the Steelers to make a play or two.
Either way, the Steelers and Lions kick off right about....now.
Enjoy the game! No personal attacks, respect one another and stick around for the second half thread as well as the postgame news here on Behind The Steel Curtain.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Lions vs. Steelers: Everything you need to know
- A "high-ranking Steelers source" says Ben trade rumors 'have zero truth'
- Key Matchups: Ben Roethlisberger vs. Rashean Mathis
- Fantasy Football Week 11: Which Steelers to start/sit
- 5 reasons the Steelers will beat the Lions in Week 11
- Lions vs. Steelers: Nuts and bolts on how and where to watch
- NFL Draft 2014: More in common than just quarterbacks on two Kevin Colbert-attended games
- Steelers Larry Foote is Michigan through and through
- Weekend Checkdown: the top stories of the week
- Swirling Roethlisberger rumors not distracting Steelers
- Steelers injury report: Keisel wants to play, Woodley doubtful