Left guard Ramon Foster has passed all the necessary tests in order to play Sunday after suffering a concussion in Week 8, and he has to pass one more before being cleared the play. The Steelers would have one reserve linemen available if Foster is unable to play - tackle Mike Adams. The Steelers would likely start Guy Whimper at left guard and Cody Wallace at right guard, in the even Foster is unable to play. As of now, Whimper is expected to start at right guard for DeCastro.
Rookie wide receiver Markus Wheaton will miss his fourth straight game, still recovering from a broken finger suffered in Pittsburgh's Week 4 game against Minnesota. He practiced on a limited basis this week, giving some hope to the idea Wheaton is able to return for Week 10 against the Bills.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Steelers vs. Patriots gameday stream: All news and updates
- Steelers vs. Patriots key match-up: Brown vs. Talib
- 5 reasons the Steelers will beat the Patriots in Week 9
- Sense of urgency may be hindering Steelers progress
- Tom Brady's amazing home records
- Steelers vs. Patriots Week 9 2013: Game time, TV schedule, online streaming, odds and more
- Steelers vs. Patriots: Well, @#$%&...