No move has been announced as to who will take Brown's spot on the roster, but on-again, off-again CB Isaiah Green is still on the practice squad.
Nose tackle Steve McLendon suffered an ankle injury in the win, and will not play Thursday when the Steelers travel to Baltimore to take on the Ravens. Some fear McLendon suffered a broken bone, and could potentially miss extensive time, including the remainder of the regular season.
Veteran defensive end Ziggy Hood took some time at nose tackle, and if Brett Keisel returns from a two-game injury absence of his own, it's possible Hood could see some time at nose tackle. Otherwise, Al Woods, who played the bulk of the remaining snaps at nose and had two sacks, could start and maintain the position in the game.
Both teams are 5-6, and it will be as competitive as most other games in this rivalry. Kickoff is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. ET Thanksgiving Night from Baltimore.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Steelers crush Cleveland: Postgame news and updates
- Ben gets Special Teams Player of the Week Award
- Steelers vs. Ravens: Unusual, yet, familiar ground for both teams in second meeting
- Injury Report: Broken ankle feared for McLendon
- AFC Playoff Picture: Steelers trail Titans by a tiebreaker for sixth seed
- Polamalu, Worilds score highest PFF grades
- Jason Worilds contract: pending free agent made some money in Week 12
- Steelers vs. Browns final score: Four takeaways highlight Steelers 27-11 win over Cleveland
- Steelers take Round 1 of Rivalry Week
- Brown gets best of Haden in classic battle
- Defense finds the explosion it has been looking for internally
- Winners and Losers from Steelers win over Cleveland