The Steelers may get a few defensive players back for their Thanksgiving Night showdown with division rival Baltimore.
Defensive end Brett Keisel practiced fully Tuesday, a prerequisite for him getting back on the field. Rookie safety Shamarko Thomas also practiced fully, both are good signs the pair will be available Thursday.
LaMarr Woodley, however, did not, creating a belief he will miss his third consecutive game with a calf injury.
Right tackle Marcus Gilbert was also limited with an ankle injury, presumably the same one that's held him back in practice the last few weeks. It doesn't appear right now Gilbert will be a risk to miss the game. If he would, that could be a big factor in this game. Pittsburgh's offensive line has played considerably better the last two weeks in pass protection, allowing just one sack and only a little bit of pressure. Ben Roethlisberger has responded by completing 51-of-79 for 584 yards with six touchdown passes and no turnovers.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Steelers vs. Ravens: News heading into Thanksgiving Night's game
- Ben Roethlisberger named AFC Offensive Player of the Month
- Steelers Film Room: Quick passing paces Steelers over Browns
- Polamalu named AFC Defensive Player of the Week
- Woods: My first start would mean a lot
- Quarterbacks don't want to share the ball
- Nose tackle depth, lack of prep time, advantage for Steelers
- Dick LeBeau: Ray Rice is one of the best backs who ever played