Good evening, and happy Thanksgiving to everyone in Steeler Nation.
It's the biggest Steelers/Ravens game in quite a while. This time, though, they're not two teams heading for double-digit wins, the AFC North crown and a bye or home field advantage in the playoffs. The Ravens are looking to avoid becoming the first team since the 2009 Steelers to fail to make the playoffs one year after winning the Super Bowl.
The Steelers are looking to get back into the playoffs for the first time since the 2011 season, after an 0-4 start all but eliminated them in the eyes of onlookers.
Must be tough for both of these teams, says most of the rest of the NFL.
It has all the drama and suspense of the classic Steelers/Ravens games of the past, and it will likely live up to that billing. Win, and stay in striking distance of the final wild card spot, as well as the Bengals at the top of the division. Lose, and hope for a lot of help down the stretch for any chance at the postseason.
Please be respectful toward other commentors, on this the turkiest of all holidays, and avoid any and all personal attacks.
The second half open thread will be posted during halftime, and look for the game story and Winners and Losers immediately following the game.
It's a big one...so hang out and enjoy it with other Steelers fans.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Steelers vs. Ravens Gameday Stream: Everything you need to know
- The Standard is The Standard: Steelers vs. Ravens pregame podcast
- 5 Questions with Baltimore Beat Down
- Reasons the Steelers will beat the Ravens in Week 13
- Fantasy Football Week 13: Which Steelers to start/sit
- Steelers vs. Ravens Week 13 2013: Game time, TV schedule, online streaming, odds and more