Four games left to play in the NFL season, and the AFC has six teams within one game of the final wild card spot.
Baltimore, courtesy of its 22-20 win over Pittsburgh on Thanksgiving Night, sits in pole position right now at 6-6. They are a tiebreaker up over the Miami Dolphins by virtue of winning the head-to-head match-up with them in Week 5.
Needless to say, The Dolphins' Week 14 game at Pittsburgh is critical for both teams. A Steelers loss could potentially put them two games behind Baltimore (who hosts 3-8-1 Minnesota), not to mention lose the tiebreaker with both the Ravens and Dolphins.
Miami soundly defeated the flailing Jets 23-3 in Week 13.
Tennessee lost a tight affair against division rival Indianapolis 22-14. They own the tiebreaker over the Steelers, putting them in the eighth spot behind Miami. Pittsburgh is ninth. Tennessee is at Denver in Week 14.
San Diego is 10th right now after losing to visiting Cincinnati, a game that really hurt their playoff hopes due to the fact they have the worst conference record of the teams vying for that final wild card spot. The Bengals maintained their two- game lead in the AFC North with a 17-10 win over the Chargers.
The Jets, at 5-7, are on life support, having lost four of their last five games. They host Oakland in Week 14.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Rashad Butler leaves team for personal reasons
- Bengals at Steelers game will remain on Sunday Night Football
- Tomlin put Steelers at risk
- It's a big week for the Other Wallace
- Tough to compare Alosi to Tomlin
- Dolphins vs. Steelers: Welcome to Wallace Week
- Steelers Film Room: Small errors lead to big loss in Week 13
- NFL IR List: Steelers have fourth-most injured reserve designations in the league
- Meet Eric Olsen and Rashad Butler, the newest Steelers roster additions
- Weekend Checkdown: the top stories of the week
- Steelers place Fernando Velasco on injured reserve, release DeMarcus Van Dyke