GREEN BAY, Wis. - Since you never know what might happen, here's what the Steelers need today to remain in contention for the AFC's final wild card spot.
Steelers over Packers (4:25 p.m.)
All of those things must happen, or the Steelers are eliminated officially. Most have written off the Steelers' chances, which is understandable, considering how long these odds are.
So the Steelers will know whether this game matters or not before they start their game against the Packers at Lambeau Field. Not that it will change their perspective or approach to the game, but it will be talked about during and after the game quite a bit.
If the Jets win and the Dolphins and Ravens lose along with a Steelers win, they will need the same thing to happen in Week 17 - a Jets win coupled with losses by Miami and Baltimore. Then the Steelers will need to defeat Cleveland in their regular season finale.
The Ravens currently have the sixth seed, ahead of the Dolphins by a tiebreaker.
- Steelers vs. Packers: Everything you need to know
- The Standard is The Standard pregame podcast
- Steelers fans are everywhere, just look at The Blind Ref
- 5 reasons the Steelers will beat the Packers
- Steelers vs. Packers: How to watch today's game
- Live from Green Bay: Snow is the third opponent
- Prospects to Watch for in Saturday's Bowl Games
- Invasion Green Bay: BTSC will be at the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field Sunday
- Are the Steelers developing into contenders?
- Play Money: Exploring Steelers CBs and NFL salary cap
- BTSC On Demand: Behind Enemy Lines on Packers Talk