Wow talking about bad officiating & the worst fan base I've ever experience! They threw snow balls the entire 4q like lil kids. Smh— Adrian Peterson (@AdrianPeterson) December 8, 2013
Clearly, there's a bit of frustration coming from Peterson, he suffered an injury during the game and was unable to return. On top of that, the ending of the Ravens/Vikings game had to be one of the most chaotic in recent history. An incredible five touchdowns were scored between the two teams in the final 2:05 of the game. Baltimore escaped despite dismal performances from quarterback Joe Flacco, and a complete meltdown from its defense in the final two minutes.
That meltdown was topped only by Minnesota's defense, while they were subject to a questionable pass interference call on Vikings linebacker Chad Greenway after safety Andrew Sendejo - it would have been Flacco's fourth interception of the game and Sendejo's second.
The Ravens exploited the penalty, and Flacco hit Marlon Brown on a nine-yard touchdown pass for the game-winner.
Peterson's frankness will be a lightning rod for fans across the league, as Cleveland blew a 19-3 lead in the second half of their game at New England. Browns fans will cry afoul of a pass interference call in that game as well.
He tweeted a follow-up later, describing the projectiles hurled at him from the stands.
No word on whether Josh Gordon will tweet anything of a similar nature.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Dolphins vs. Steelers: Everything you need to know
- Ziggy Hood Injury: Steelers defensive end leaves game with right ankle injury
- Ben Roethlisberger is the Steelers all time leader in touchdown passes
- Steelers started LaMarr Woodley on the right side, Jason Worilds on the left
- Steelers inactives: Kelvin Beachum out, Mike Adams will start vs. Dolphins
- Report: Steelers will lose a draft pick for Tomlin's sideline incident