1. Kansas City Chiefs - Luke Joeckel OT, Texas A&M
Team needs: QB/WR/DE/S/ILB
This pick essentially comes down to three players, Utah DT Star Lotulelei, Texas A&M OT Luke Joeckel, and West Virginia QB Geno Smith. The Chiefs need a QB plain and simple but Geno Smith is far from the highest rated prospect in this draft class. Teams have been known to reach of QB's in the first round but most people don't even have Geno Smith rated in their top 32 players. Current LT Brandon Alert is a free agent so if he's not resigned this pick should be Joeckel with the Chiefs still able to get Matt Barkley, Tyler Wilson, or Mike Glennon in the second round.
2. Jacksonville Jaguars - Star Lotulelei NT, Utah
Team needs: QB/CB/S/OT/OC
With Gene Smith and Mike Mularkey, the latter of whom wasn't even there when Blaine Gabbert was drafted, both gone this team should definitely be targeting a new QB. Geno Smith is an option but as with the Chiefs he is far from the best available player. Star Lotulelei grades out slightly better than Damontre Moore and Bjoern Werner and the Jags do have Alan Branch, Jeremy Mincey, and Jason Babin at end while Terrance Knighton is a free agent and Tyson Alualu is a barely above average starter.
3. Oakland Raiders - Damontre Moore DE, Texas A&M
Team needs: QB/CB/RDE/DT
As with the Jags the Raiders are another candidate to draft Geno Smith because they need a long-term replacement for Carson Palmer. They also really need to improve their pass-rush. Damontre Moore would be a huge upgrade over Matt Shaughnessy.
4. Philadelphia Eagles - DeMarcus Milliner CB, Alabama
Team needs: SS/CB/OC/OT
5. Detroit Lions - Bjoern Werner DE, Florida State
Team needs: CB/DE/SS/OC/RT
The Lions always go with the best available player in the first round. Lawrence Jackson and Cliff Avril are both free agents and they may lose a third DE by cutting the aging Kyle Vanden Bosch to save cap space.
6. Cleveland Browns - Ezekiel Ansah DE/OLB, BYU
Ezekiel Ansah made himself a lot of money at the Senior Bowl and with concerns over Jarvis Jones' spinal stenosis Ansah is not the top rated 3-4 OLB. With the Browns switching to a hybird 3-4/4-3 defense they'll need players who can ply both DE and OLB.
7. Arizona Cardinals - Eric Fisher OT, Central Michigan
Team needs: QB/LT/OG/OC/OLB
This should be the easiest pick to predict. Arizona's offensive line is terrible. Even with Geno Smith available they should still take a left tackle as long as either Eric Fisher or Luke Joeckel are available.
8. Buffalo Bills - Barkevious Mingo DE, LSU
Team needs: QB/WR/RDE/ILB
The Bills are yet another team that will likely give Geno Smith a long, hard look. Given their need and talent available it should come down to Keenan Allen or the best available DE to upgrade over Mark Anderson.
9. New York Jets - Dion Jordan DE/OLB, Oregon
Team needs: QB/RT/OLB/S/ILB
Unless the Jets find a taker for Mark Sanchez he'll be the starter for at least one more season. If they do intend on trading Darrell Revis, as has been reported, the Jets could definitely take Jonathan Banks here, otherwise they'll take the best available rush-linebacker.
10. Tennessee Titans - Chance Warmack OG, Alabama
Team needs: OG/OC/CB/DE
Tennessee needs interior offensive line help and a cornerback. Jon Banks is an option but Chance Warmack is a top 5 prospect.
11. San Diego Chargers - Johnathan Hankins NT, Ohio State
Team needs: CB/LT/OG/RB/OLB/NT
I'm sure the Chargers are praying that Eric Fisher will fall to them and they could still reach for Lane Johnson here. They also have free agency issues at cornerback but the big need on defense is for a classic run-stuffing, double-team eating nose tackle.
12. Miami Dolphins - Keenan Allen WR, California
Team needs: WR/RG/LDE/S/TE
The Dolphins have an investment in Ryan Tannehill and will most likely use this pick to bolster the offense around him. They have some decent number two WR's but need someone like Keenan Allen to be the main guy.
13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Johnthan Banks CB, Mississippi State
Team needs: CB/DT/SLB/RT
Tampa Bay's pick should be fairly easy. They had a big need for a CB even before they traded Aqib Talib to the Patriots. If Dee Millner and Jon Banks are both gone they'll take the top rated DT or possibly Alec Ogletree or Manti Te'o to complete their LB overhaul.
14. Carolina Panthers - Sharrif Floyd DT, Florida
Unless an elite talent falls like Dee Millner or Eric Fisher this pick will most likely be used on the highest rated DT. Given the Carolina doesn't have a third round pick they will probably trade back to pick up one and still get someone like Kawann Short.
15. New Orleans Saints - Jarvis Jones OLB, Georgia
Team needs: OLB/NT/OG/SS
The Saints are converting to a 3-4 defense and will need another pass-rushing OLB to pair with Martez Wilson. Jarvis Jones is a steal here but could fall even farther as teams overreact to his spinal condition. The Saints have Akiem Hicks to play NT but could also take John Jenkins or Jonathan Hankins if he's available.
16. St. Louis Rams - Lane Johnson OT, Oklahoma
The Rams have to upgrade their offensive line to protect the injury-plagues Sam Bradford.
17. Pittsburgh Steelers - John Jenkins NT, Georgia
Team needs: S/ROLB/WR/LG/CB/NT
I know many Steelers fans here on BTSC may groan about this pick but John Jenkins is a massive space-eating NT that could really help our defense. Yes he'll only be a two-down player but a vital one nonetheless. He dominated the one-on-one's in practice during Senior Bowl week and with a little conditioning he could possibly be a three-down player. Steve McLendon is a good pass-rusher but doesn't command a lot of double-teams which is why he didn't take more snaps from Casey Hampton this season. Alameda Ta'amu is a free agent after the Steelers cut him then only resigned him for depth purposes at the end of the season. The Steelers rarely trade back in the first round. It's possible that if Jarvis Jones does indeed fall out of the top ten the Steelers will trade up for him, perhaps making a deal with the Panthers who might be seeking a third round pick. If they cannot resign Keenan Lewis the Steelers could also trade up for Jonathan Banks as well. It's too early for Kenny Vaccaro and Alec Ogletree has had drug issues. It's possible that the Steelers could take Manti Te'o but with all of the drama surrounding him plus a dreadful showing against the most NFL-like defense in college football in Alabama it's looking less likely that he'll be the pick.
18. Dallas Cowboys - Sheldon Richardson DT, Missouri
Team needs: OC/OG/DT/DE/S
The Cowboys are transitioning to a 4-3 defense and will need another DT to pair with Jay Ratliff. If he's available they could take Chance Warmack to upgrade the interior of their offensive line.
19. New York Giants - Sam Montgomery DE, LSU
20. Chicago Bears - Alec Ogletree ILB, Georgia
Team needs: DT/CB/LT/RG/LB
If he's available this pick should be Lane Johnson but since he's not the Bears will take Alec Ogletree to replace free agent aging icon Brain Urlacher. Nick Roach is also a free agent linebacker as well.
21. Cincinnati Bengals - Manti Te'o ILB, Notre Dame
Team needs: RB/RDE/S/ILB
Current ILB Rey Maualuga will be gone this offseason. Manti Te'o finally stops sliding.
22. St. Louis Rams (via Washington Redskins) - Kenny Vaccaro S, Texas
Team needs: OT/OG/OLB/FS
The Rams have two clear cut needs and after having addressed the offensive line with their first pick they can address safety here.
23. Minnesota Vikings - Cordarrelle Patterson WR, Tennessee
Team needs: DT/WR/OG/CB/ILB
Minnesota has no playmakers at WR outside of injury-plagues Percy Harvin and the rumor mill says the Vikings are looking to trade him. Patterson only has one year of starting experience and is considered raw but may end up being the best WR in this draft class. They also need a DT and could take Kawann Short.
24. Indianapolis Colts - Matt Elam S, Florida
Team needs: NT/OLB/FS/CB/RT/OG
Indy spent the 2012 draft upgrading thier offense and now it's the defenses turn. They should go BPA at NT/OLB, CB, or C and that's Matt Elam. They should be in contention to sign Ed Reed and if they do so they could draft Desmond Trufant or continue to upgrade the offense with Jonathan Cooper.
25. Seattle Seahawks - Kawann Short DT, Purdue
Team needs: RT/WR/DT/DE/TE
Seattle needs a better pass-rush from the DT position. Kawann Short was a nightmare for opposing linemen at the Senior Bowl. If he's gone they could take Zach Ertz or Tavon Austin.
26. Green Bay Packers - Zach Ertz TE, Stanford
Team needs: OC/S/RB/WR/TE
If not for his injury issues Barrett Jones would be the pick and may still be. They could take Tavon Austin to replace Greg Jennings but Zach Ertz would replace and overpaid and injury-prone Jermichael Finley.
27. Houston Texans - Kevin Minter ILB, LSU
Team needs: NT/WR/OG/ILB/S/RT
28. Denver Broncos - Jonathan Cooper OG, North Carolina
Team needs: LG/CB/S/DT/OC/ILB
Anyone who watched their playoff loss to Baltimore knows the two big issues for Denver are at guard and safety.
29. New England Patriots - Tavon Austin WR, West Virginia
Team needs: WR/S/CB
30. Atlanta Falcons - Alex Okafor DE, Texas
Team needs: OC/LB/TE/DE/RB
Tyler Eifert would be the popular choice but John Abraham will turn 35 years old this offseason.
31. San Francisco 49ers - Margus Hunt DE, SMU
Team needs: FS/OC/DE/RT/OLB
DE Justin Smith will be 34 years old next season and Margus Hunt is going to rise up draft boards as we get closer to April.
32. Baltimore Ravens - DeAndre Hopkins WR, Clemson
Team needs: ILB/S/OC/WR
Baltimore will need to replace Ray Lewis and Ed Reed but there just isn't the talent available with Kevin Minter and Matt Elam both gone. Anquan Boldin was great in the playoffs but he's clearly lost his speed and may be a cap casualty this offseason.
33. Jacksonville Jaguars - Xavier Rhodes CB, Florida State
The likely pick will be either FSU CB Xavier Rhodes, Tennessee OG/OT Dallas Thomas, or the best available QB.
34. Kansas City Chiefs - Geno Smith QB, West Virginia
I fully expect the Chiefs to trade back up into the first round for Geno Smith if he makes it past Arizona and Buffalo.
35. Philadelphia Eagles - Jesse Williams NT, Alabama
The Eagles are switching to a 3-4 defense and will need a true NT.
36. Detroit Lions - Barrett Jones OC/OG/OT, Alabama
The Lions should take the highest rated offensive lineman or CB.
37. Cincinnati Bengals (via Oakland Raiders) - Giovani Bernard RB, North Carolina
Cincy should take either a safety or RD here.
38. Arizona Cardinals - E.J. Manuel QB Florida State
The Cardinals will draft a strong-armed QB for new HC Bruce Arians vertical passing game. Manuel had a good Senior Bowl unlike Mike Glennon.
Cleveland Browns - Selected Josh Gordon in the supplemental draft
39. New York Jets - D.J. Fluker OT, Alabama
The Jets aren't going to go another season with a QB controversy bu they do need to upgrade at RT so Mark Sanchez has time to throw the ball without duress.
40. Tennessee Titans - Dallas Thomas OG/OT, Tennessee
Plain and simple the Titans need to improve their offensive line to both protect their young QB Jake Locker and to get a return on their investment in Chris Johnson. They also have both tackles due to hit free agency in the next two years.
41. Buffalo Bills - Mike Glennon QB, North Carolina State
Mike Glennon had a bad Senior Bowl but has all of the raw tools to develop into a quality starter with a little time.
42. Miami Dolphins - Tyler Eifert TE, Notre Dame
43. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Desmond Trufant CB, Washington
T.B. has never been shy about double-dipping on a position early in the draft and could definitely use two CB's.
44. Carolina Panthers - Menelik Watson OT, Florida State
The Panthers have a hole at RT because of all of the injury issues with Jeff Otah.
New Orleans Saints - Forfeited due to Bountygate
45. San Diego Chargers - David Amerson CB, North Carolina State
Both Antoine Cason and Quentin Jammer are free agents.
46. St. Louis Rams - Khaseem Greene LB, Rutgers
47. Dallas Cowboys - Eric Reid S, LSU
This pick should be either Eric Reid or Larry Warford.
48. Pittsburgh Steelers - Eddie Lacy RB, Alabama
Eddie Lacy is the quintessential Steelers-type RB. They could also target Jordan Poyer to potentially replace Keenan Lewis, Terrance Williams to replace Mike Wallace, Larry Warford to replace Willie Colon and/or Ramon Foster, or Corey Lemonier to potentially replace James Harrison.
49. New York Giants - Larry Warford OG, Kentucky
The Giants have all kinds of age, injury, and free agency issues along the offensive line.
50. Chicago Bears - Travis Frederick OG/OC, Wisconsin
Chicago has to do something about their offensive line.
51. Washington Redskins - Phillip Thomas S, Fresno State
Washington has a lot of issues in the secondary, particularly at safety.
52. Minnesota Vikings - Sylvester Williams DT, North Carolina
Kevin Williams is 33 years old and Leroy Guyton should not be the starting NT.
53. Cincinnati Bengals - T.J. McDonald S, USC
Having taken care of their two biggest needs the Bengals can go three-for-three by taking the best available safety.
54. Miami Dolphins (via Indianapolis Colts) - Logan Ryan CB, Rutgers
Miami needs a replacement for Vontae Davis, plus Sean Smith is a free agent.
55. Green Bay Packers - Terrance Williams WR, Baylor
Donald Driver is 38 years old and Greg Jennings is a free agent.
56. Seattle Seahawks - Justin Hunter WR, Tennessee
Seattle should take the best RT, TE, or WR here.
57. Houston Texans - Kyle Long OG/OT, Oregon
Houston has issues at both RG and RT. Kyle Long is a great fit for their zone blocking scheme.
58. Denver Broncos - Bennie Logan DT, LSU
Denver Still needs an upgrade at DT and could also take an ILB here.
59. New England Patriots - Jordan Poyer CB, Oregon State
Coach Belichick has never been shy about taking DB's early in the draft.
60. Atlanta Falcons - Will Davis CB, Utah State
Brent Grimes is a free agent coming off of an Achilles tear.
61. San Francisco 49ers - Blidi Wreh-Wilson CB, Connecticut
62. Baltimore Ravens - Bacarri Rambo S, Georgia
Ed Reed is a FA who is not expected back. Rambo comes with character concerns but he is tied as UGA's all time interceptions leader and the Ravens have taken chances with character ricks before.
63. Kansas City Chiefs - Quinton Patton WR, Louisiana Tech
Dwayne Bowe is not expected back in K.C.
64. Jacksonville Jaguars - Matt Barkley QB, USC
The Jags must do something about thier QB situation. Barkley falls over concerns about his arm strength and whether or not he's a product of the system.
65. Detroit Lions - Tony Jefferson S, Oklahoma
The Lions will need two safeties if they don't resign Louis Delmas.
66. Oakland Raiders - Leon McFadden CB, San Diego State
Oakland needs upgrades at both CB spots.
67. Philadelphia Eagles - Brennan Williams OT, North Carolina
If Jason Peters can return from his Achilles tear then Philly will still need a RT.
68. Cleveland Browns - Jordan Reed TE, Florida
Ben Watson is a 32 year old FA.
69. Arizona Cardinals - Corey Lemonier DE/OLB, Auburn
O'Brien Schofield cannot stay healthy.
70. Tennessee Titans - Terry Hawthorne CB, Illinois
Tennessee has no depth at CB.
71. Buffalo Bills - Cobi Hamilton WR, Arkansas
Buffalo needs another WR to pair with Steve Johnson.
72. New York Jets - Joseph Randle RB, Oklahoma State
One thing that might help out Mark Sanchez is a consistent running game.
73. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Arthur Brown LB, Kansas State
Here Tampa Bay can complete the overhaul of their linebacking corps.
74. San Francisco 49ers (via Carolina Panthers) - Stedman Bailey WR, West Virginia
75. New Orleans Saints - Brandon Williams NT, Missouri Southern
The Saints need a NT for their 3-4 defense.
76. San Diego Chargers - Mike Gillislee RB, Florida
Whether or not the Chargers replace Ryan Matthews they still need another RB for depth purposes given all of Matthews' injury issues.
77. Miami Dolphins - Datone Jones - DE, UCLA
Jared Odrick is good in run support but offers nothing in the pass-rush.
78. St. Louis Rams - Da'Rick Rogers WR, Tennessee Tech
The Rams lack a solid number one WR. Jeff Fisher struck gold with a troubled prospect who slid in the draft last year, why not try it again?
79. Pittsburgh Steelers - Jonathan Cyprien S, Florida International
The Steelers have age and injury issues at safety. Cyprien was perhaps the best safety prospect at the Senior Bowl. The Steelers could target a WR like Robert Woods, Ryan Swope, or the speedy Markus Wheaton to replace Mike Wallace.
80. Dallas Cowboys - Alvin Bailey OG, Arkansas
At this point Dallas has still not address their primary need for interior offensive line help.
81. New York Giants - Jordan Hill DT, Penn State
82. Miami Dolphins (via Chicago Bears) - Robert Woods WR, USC
Miami could use two WR's even if they do resign Brian Hartline.
83. Minnesota Vikings - Kevin Reddick ILB, North Carolina
Minnesota needs an upgrade over Jasper Brinkley.
84. Cincinnati Bengals - John Simon DE, Ohio State
Cincy has three DE's that are all free agents including Michael Johnson.
85. Washington Redskins - Jamar Taylor CB, Boise State
The Redskins continue to rebuild their secondary.
86. Indianapolis Colts - Chase Thomas OLB, Stanford
Indy needs to continue building their defense and Dwight Freeny is a free agent.
87. Seattle Seahawks - Tank Carradine DE, Florida State
Seattle needs a future replacement for Chris Clemons.
88. Green Bay Packers - David Quessenberry OC/OG, San Jose State
The Packers need a serious upgrade over Jeff Saturday.
89. Houston Texans - Kwame Geathers NT, Georgia
Shaun Cody is a FA and Houston doesn't have a NT with Geathers' size.
90. Denver Broncos - J.J. Wilcox S, Georgia Southern
Mike Adams was an embarrassment in Denver's playoff loss.
91. Atlanta Falcons - Stepfan Taylor RB, Stanford
92. New England Patriots - Markus Wheaton WR, Oregon State
The Patriots should double-dip at WR as they won't have anything besides Brandon Loyd if they fail to resign Wes Welker.
93. San Francisco 49ers - Shawn Williams S, Georgia
94. Baltimore Ravens - Brandon Jenkins DE/OLB, Florida State
As usual the Ravens go with BPA. Jenkins likely would have been a second round pick had he not broken his foot int he first game of the season.