SteelerNation may have been moanin' for Jones, but it made no nevermind to the Buffalo Bills.
Buffalo took the Georgia phenom with the eighth overall pick, right after Arizona selected DE/OLB Barkevious Mingo and right before the New York Jets selected offensive guard Chance Warmack in SB Nation's Blogger Mock Draft, which continues today with picks 10-12.
We wrote yesterday about the Triangle of Authority's position, and how we'd be excited to see a dominant pass rusher fall to No. 17 overall. The expected selection of Mingo and the somewhat unexpected selection of Jones may alter those hopes a bit, especially when eight picks to go, and options dwindling quickly.
Looking at how it's shaping up, we certainly aren't against Star Lotulelei at 17, and we're now into "holding our breath" territory. Neither Dee Miliner nor Xavier Rhodes are off our board, nor is Cordarrelle Patterson or possibly even Arthur Brown.
Tyler Eifert and Kenny Vaccaro are not must-haves at this point, but we're going to cautiously keep an eye on Lane Johnson, and at least prepare for the internal debate if he's still around in a few picks.
1. Chiefs: Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
2. Jaguars: Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
3. Raiders: Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
4. Eagles: Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
5. Lions: Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU
6. Browns: Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon
7. Cardinals: Barkevious Mingo, DE/OLB, LSU
8. Bills: Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
9. Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama