- Reading all of these mock drafts can be nauseating but for some, although highly inaccurate, it can be cathartic. Some use it to understand there front office, some follow there favorite college's players transition to the NFL.... some/most are just football crazy. We dont know. We all hear and read things by "experts" but honestly it's all in vein. BUT YOU KNOW WHAT? ......ITS OKAY TO DREAM. And it is also okay to make an educated/homer driven estimation. Here is mine. No expert but Im not totally dreaming.
- ROUND 1- Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia - fills big need, "special" player, best player available is how the Steelers draft early anyways.
- ROUND 2- Justin Hunter WR Tennessee - Long tall type receiver that Ben loves, fills a need, good hands, and GREAT leaping ability, great type of WR to compliment what we already have.
- ROUND 3- Phillip Thomas FS Fresno State - Playmaker at position where depth is becoming too much of a problem. Splash plays are his middle name, stellar prospect to groom for near future (after Ryan and Troy leave)
- ROUND 4- Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina - injury riddled superstar. Can do it all. I believe our backs can compete and run well in a zone scheme but Lattimore is worth the risk in the 4th round could be special.
- ROUND 5- Nick Kasa TE Colorado - another big target for Ben, good blocker but more of a long term project for the backside of Heaths career, raw
- ROUND 6- Ryan Griffin QB Tulane - obviously not a starter but he is 6'4" 220 and could seriously compete for the #2 QB which is what you want with this pick.
- ROUND 6- Michael Mauti ILB Penn State - coming off a huge injury this is a risk but his talent, when healthy, is obvious, home town guy gets chance, and with Foote to hold us over and Spence on the mend in 2 years this pick could really really pay off.
- ROUND 7- Travis Howard CB Ohio State - Dick Lebeau loves Ohio State DBs, the kid has size at 6'1" 200, first team Big 10, could convert to safety
Leaves us shallow at DE and Offensive Tackles and there are 2 players with big injuries but I think this is a mock with some realistic gets that could really brighten the future. Thanks for reading. Please share your thoughts....Im pumped for tomorrow!