Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger admitted to reporters Saturday in wake of the Steelers' first practice of the 2013 training camp there was "some frustration" in regards to Todd Haley's offense in 2012, but only because a few plays were named one thing previously, but something else in Haley's regime.
It shows the undeniable vision the Tecmo Bowl series displayed when each team had a different play for "B-Down." Perhaps Roethlisberger only ever played with one team in the famous video game series, and got used to the idea of running the power sweep each time he hit A-Up.
The point being, Roethlisberger admitted there were those points of conflict, but also said the idea of them butting heads was blown well out of proportion.
He also admitted to the offense having gone back to the old plays names at the start of what resulted in a four-game winning streak from Weeks 7-10.
Roethlisberger was hurt in Week 10, missing the second half as well as the next three games.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Roethlisberger admits there was 'some frustration' with Haley's offense in 2013
- Steelers Roethlisberger downplays early reports of pain in repaired knee
- Fights in training camp are tradition, just like pulled hamstrings and uncomfortable beds
- Character (Ac)Counts: Brett Keisel
- Eagles defensive coordinator Billy Davis showing team tape on Steelers as they adjust to 3-4 defense
- Weekend Checkdown: the top stories of the week
- Steelers Emmanuel Sanders feels 'there is nothing to prove'
- Ben Roethlisberger still feeling pain in surgically repaired right knee
- Steelers Keisel prepared to carry a team as Heyward prepared to carry a torch
- Sanders wants extension with Steelers before season starts
- Final thoughts on The Renegade, and the start of the Steelers 2013 season
- Steelers Sean Spence is worthy of admiration as he aims to get back on the field
- Steelers 2013 Schedule Preview: Fourth quarter
- Steelers 2013 Schedule Preview: Third quarter has two tough road games in short time frame
- Steelers 2013 Schedule Preview: second quarter of season will be make or break